Welcome to my Blog!

UK DRUGSTORE MAKEUP HAUL

By 18:47


Hello Everyone! Today I took my first trip to a Shopping Centre in about a month, so inevitably I went a tiny bit crazy in the shops and brought a little more than I'd hoped. Why is spending so much easier than saving?! Ahhhh! Either way, I thought I'd make the most of it and showcase the makeup that I brought - Enjoy! 




Sleek Face Form (Contour & Blush Kit) in Light: This was something I knew I wanted to buy before I actually reached Superdrug. My current contour kit is far too dark for my pale skin and therefore didn't actually work too well, even when blended out it looked too dark and orangey! After reading reviews, I decided I would make an investment in this, as the contour is a considerably softer colour and it also includes a highlighter and blush. (Although clever me decided to buy the exact same blush individually last time I went shopping! At least I'll never run out, I guess. Even if I'll still be using it when I'm 50).


Real Techniques Core Collection Set: I drool over the Real Techniques brushes every time I watch a YouTube video, and I knew that at one point, they had to be mine. I started my collection with the Core Collection Set as I find myself using face brushes a lot more often than eye brushes, although I will probably find myself buying the rest too soon. I was originally going to buy these brushes from Boots, but instead brought them from online at Amazon, as they were cheaper.


Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Fuchsia Libre: It feels like I have seen the whole world buying these before me, so when I realised that Superdrug had a 'buy one get one half price' offer on, I decided to take my chance. I picked up the shade Fuchsia Libre which is a lovely, vibrant hot pink colour (it was also the only colour that they had remaining, but shhh). Truth be told, I didn't quite know what to expect from these, but I fell in love with it as soon as I swatched it in store. It is so soft and moisturising, and the colour appears soft at first (I know this shade isn't particularly 'soft', but I can I imagine others to be) but is really buildable to suit a range of makeup looks.


Opi Super Bass Shatter Nail Lacquer: This varnish was brought on a total whim. With it costing only £1 (Thanks, Poundland!) I knew it had to be mine the instant I saw it. Thinking about it logically, I'm not actually sure why I brought it - I can't paint my nails due to a broken nail, and I don't actually own any Opi base colours to put underneath it (lol). Either way, I'm going to try it and see if it works on top of any other brands of varnish and I'm sure it will become useful one day, even if I wear it as a nail varnish on its own. The varnish is a gorgeous dark pinky-purple glittery colour that would look lovely in the colder Autumn & Winter months. 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: A girl can never have too much Foundation! I wanted to try this as although its quite old, I have heard a lot of people talking about it being like marmite - Some people love it, some people hate it (not in terms of colour and consistency, fortunately). Anyway, I really wanted to try this and I will be very interested to see whether it can keep it's promise and last for 'Up to 16 hours', as the packaging claims. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara: I have been dying to try this mascara since it was released. I think the packaging for this is so cute and a lot more appealing than a lot of other Rimmel mascaras, and the brush reminds me of my 12/13 year old days where the bigger and curvier the mascara brush, the better. Hopefully this lives upto the expectations I have of it, which are pretty high, in all honesty! 

See you Soon! 


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Everytime I went to buy the Sleek Kit they were sold out! I gave up in the end. I love the Real Techniques Core Collection. The brushes are brilliant!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have this problem too! Every time I visit the Sleek stand near to me it's really neglected - I guess I got lucky! I'm sure you'll come across it at some point :D
      I absolutely love them too! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons, my favourite lip product of the summer! x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv'e been dying to try the rimmel retro mascara! you must tell me if it's as good as hoped!

    flogiee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love it I do! It gives my eyes so much volume - I'm thinking about doing a review on it or something like that :) xx

      Delete
  4. Really want to try the sleek face form palette its such a great travel palette, btw i love your blog background its so cute ^.^ xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love how sleek manage to make everything so compact :-)
      And thankyou! :) xx

      Delete
  5. The Bourjois Color Boost lipsticks look so good! Love your blog :)

    Sarah xx | http://perfectly-sarah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! :D thankyou so much :) xx

      Delete