Welcome to my Blog!

BARRY M SILVER MULTI GLITTER NAIL PAINT

By 12:11

Hello Everyone! Today brings the start of a new era  - It's my first ever product review! I was given this by a Family member when she decided that the colour wasn't for her, so I thought this would be a nice product to start with. Enjoy!



The shade I was given in this varnish was 'Silver Multi Glitter'. It basically is what it says - Most of the glitter is silver, but there are little flecks of other colours in (Honestly, I couldn't list them - They are so small and there are so many of them it is extremely difficult to make out!). I really like this in the product though - I think it gives it a lovely holographic effect & makes it look a lot more expensive than it is.

Initially, I thought this nail varnish would be one that adds a thin layer of glitter on top of a base colour, like a top coat. I was wrong! The glitter is so fine, and the varnish is so pigmented that even 1 layer of the varnish makes it difficult to see the colour underneath (Although, using a darker base colour could work better than a lighter one like I used). Using two layers of the product creates a totally opaque glitter - Very Jazzy!! It would be a lovely varnish to wear on just one nail to add something interesting to your nails, or perfect to wear on all of your nails for a special occasion or night out! (I've got this lined up for Firework Night, I think it will look awesome!).



One criticism that I have about this nail varnish is the smell. I know that a lot of nail varnishes don't smell fantastic, but this one has a much more artificial scent in comparison to other Barry M varnishes. Although, this smell only occurs when you are painting your nails - it is nowhere near as bad when they are dry. I would also recommend adding a top coat to this if you aren't a fan of textured nails!

The varnish lasted for a good couple of days without chipping on my nails once I had applied a top coat, although, as expected from a glitter varnish, it was a damn nightmare to remove. I'd definitely recommend leaving the nail to soak in a cotton pad with varnish remover on for a good 10 minutes, and then giving the nail a strong-handed wipe (with the cotton pad) to get rid of it as best as possible.

Overall, would I repurchase this? Yes! I am considering buying some more of these in different shades, as there are some lovely ones available, and for £2.99, I feel like they are more than worth it!

This nail varnish is available online, and in store at Boots and Superdrug. 

See you Soon! 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. My first thought when I saw this was "I wander if it's still a bugger to get off' obviously yes, but it's so gorgeous after two coats I may just have to purchase this. It will look gorgeous as an accent nail.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! And you're right, I can't wait to get using it! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the one with just one coat, purely because I really like the colour underneath. I always use my sisters and when I do I hate taking it off because it takes so long too! Love your blog by the way.
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love the look of this hunny :) have been looking for a glitter polish that is really pigmented - nothing worse than having to wait for 4 coats to dry! hehe
    XOXO

    sparkle-bug.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And me too - I was over the moon when I received it! :) xx

      Delete
  4. that is such a good glitter, I love that you could get away with wearing just 1 coat - with most of mine you need about 3/4 until you can't see the base colour. I think I will be picking this up soon!
    Becky xx

    beckylovesbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love glittery nail polishes even though they are such a nightmare to remove! Love this colour, I'm in need of a sparkly silver :)

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It doesn't put me off though - its worth it! And I love this colour :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely shade, love barry M prices!!

    Michelle xo - http://www.shelleymagpie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! Well worth the money - Especially when there's a 3 for 2 on! Xx

      Delete
  7. Oooh I love it, it looks so pretty! I'll definitely pick it up when i come to the UK this week! I've been really loving glitter polishes recently :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is a lot prettier than I thought it would be! Shame that the smell is worse than normal nail varnishes!

    www.rebeccacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too when I tried it! And I know - I wouldn't let the smell alone put you off though to be honest! Xx

      Delete