Welcome to my Blog!

BUDGET LIPSTICKS £1-£3

By 11:59

Hello Everyone! I have been preparing a new kind of post for you - a Budget post! I am thinking of making this into a series (Please let me know whether you want to see this or not!), as I am a total sucker for trying different budget makeup brands. Anyway, today I have made a collection of my 3 favourite budget lipsticks, I hope you enjoy! 


1) MUA Shade 3
I love this shade to bits. It is a really bright hot pink colour, perfect for nights out and adventurous daytime looks! MUA is well known for its bargains - at £1 a pop, their lipsticks tend to be pretty hit and miss. This shade, however, is a gem - it glides on really easily and the pigment, unlike some other MUA shades, is fantastic. The packaging is not the most appealing, although I love how you can see the shade at the bottom of the packet so you don't have to open it to see. 

2) Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in Sparkling Rose 
I fell in love with this lipstick the instant I swatched it. It reminds me of the NARS Orgasm Blush because of the gold that runs through it (I'm not sure if its possible for a Lipstick to remind me of a Blush, but there's a first time for everything!). The lipstick is really sheer yet it is still pigmented and looks lovely when applied to the lips. The finish is also very shimmery, not usually something I'd go for - I'm all about matte lipstick, but this is a total exception. It is the most expensive out of the budget lipsticks - Usually costing around £6, but I honestly think it's worth the money, and Avon do have special offers and discounts frequently, so keep an eye out! 

3) e.l.f. Lipstick in Flirtatious
I brought this lipstick randomly when I noticed that e.l.f had a 60% off offer on - At 90p, this was a steal. When applied to the lips it comes up as a very bright blue-toned pinky/peach, what i think is like a very 'Barbie' pink shade. A shade I have to be in the mood to wear, usually on a night out, but it does glide on very easily and is lovely and pigmented. My only criticism about the product is the packaging - The lipstick is quite difficult to turn up and when it does, is quite mechanical and stiff. I'd still recommend this though - At £1.50, you can't go wrong! (Again, e.l.f. often have promotional offers on, so make sure to check their website regularly!)


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I think a budget series is a really good idea :)

    http://avpaccessories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That e.l.f shade is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUA lipsticks are some of my favourites although I haven't picked up shade 3 yet, next on my list xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and I love Shade 3! I need to pick up some more shades :) xx

      Delete
  4. The one from e.l.f looks really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love Avon lippies! they are amazing. these are great lipsticks ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MUA lipsticks they have just brought out some online exclusives and they have a matte range xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! :) I have to check them out! xx

      Delete