Welcome to my Blog!

MEETING ONE DIRECTION 17/02/2011

By 12:08

Hi Everyone! Recently I was uploading photos from my camera when I rediscovered some special ones that I hadn't seen in a while. Photos from when I met One Direction! Since it was so long ago, the day is starting to decay from my Memory so I thought I'd make a post about it so that I can look back on it in a couple of years time (Be warned - I get the feeling this is going to sound like non smut, non romantic (Basically as PG as you can get) Fan Fiction, but I promise it's real life).

Disclaimer: I am sorry if you see this post as an opportunity for me to brag - I did not create this post for showing off purposes, I just wanted to post it somewhere where I could look back on it in the future, and I can share it with other people incase they'd like to read it. 




The opportunity started when I was back in School - I was sitting in my Physics lesson when I felt my phone go off. There was a tweet from One Directions main account saying that they were holding their first ever book signing. Assuming it would be in London, I opened the link - I couldn't believe my eyes. It was in my town! In my WHSmiths where I buy all my magazines and chocolate! I had to try and keep calm, since I was in the middle of a class learning about heat conduction or something ridiculous, and didn't want to embarrass myself in front of 30 people. As soon as I got home, I bombarded my Dad with requests about taking me (I was 14 years old, please don't hate me) and getting me tickets. There was no way I'd let this opportunity go a miss, especially as it was so convenient for me to get to the venue and I fancied the absolute pants off them all. 
I begged and begged my Dad until he finally allowed me to go! I couldn't go and get tickets since I was at school so my Dad left work early to wait in the queue for tickets with a load of girls (I still owe him for that), and lone behold, at 6pm he returned with a wristband and their new book in hand. I didn't sleep that night at all, too much excitement!

The week soon passed, and there it was, the day I was going to meet them! I literally had to run home, change into a hoodie (Mmm yeah, dressing to impress Chloe!) and leg it to the bus stop to get to Town in time. I met my friend and got into the queue - it was so exciting! I'm trying to avoid telling you that I also brought my Dad with me to meet them, as well as just getting tickets (He was my legal guardian so he got in for free - lucky sod!! I don't think he quite saw it that way though). When I got inside the building I was so so nervous! I couldn't believe how lovely they all looked. I was star struck - They all looked exactly the same as they did on TV but they were in 3D!! They were moving!! The rest was just a blur - I met Niall, Louis, Harry, Liam and Zayn (And Paul, for any Directioners potentially reading this) that day. The boys were so lovely, it was a shame their security couldn't be nice too (Talk about rude and pushy!). 




Thanks for reading! Writing this has made me miss this day so much, I wish I could do it all over again! (I just realised I had no photos of Niall! I'm very sorry, I do love Niall too).
Has anybody been to see This is Us? I'm desperate to go and see it, but nobody really wants to come with me, boo hoo! I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD or Blu Ray.

See you Soon! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. That must have such fun!What great memories. I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww they're so young! I'm having the exact same problem, nobody will come with me, dvd it is :)

    xx Alicia
    cleverspices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely aren't they! Haha I will check it out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe :3 I bet he loved it!! Haha I feel so guilty making him go when I look back on it :') xx

    ReplyDelete