Welcome to my Blog!

RIMMEL SCANDALEYES RETRO GLAM MASCARA

By 13:39

Hello Everyone! Today I wanted to show you all my favourite mascara at the moment, hence I decided to give it a full grilling with an review. My main reason for wanting this was actually because I loved the packaging, but I am so glad that I made the purchase - I'm in love! 


The Mascara comes in quite a chunky packaging, an identical shape to the other Rimmel Scandaleyes mascaras. It probably isn't the best if you're really trying to cram products into your makeup bag as its a oval-like shape, but for me it wasn't a huge problem as Mascara comes in all shapes and sizes of packaging nowadays. 

The Mascara Wand is a large hourglass shape - I personally love this as it coats my lashes quickly and doesn't need lots of layers to give the volume that I want, although I know big brushes are a little controversial as some people find it is very hard to coat all of their eyelashes equally.

 I found the consistency of the product quite nice too - if anything it was slightly on the drier side, but i rather liked this as it stopped me from smudging any mascara onto my eyelids and having to stop to remove it, as I am always rushed for time in the mornings.


I decided I would put this mascara through the ultimate test of time. School! For me, if a mascara manages to last for the whole day without falling off into pieces under my eyes, I'll love it (Although this is a very rare occurrence). I was absolutely shocked on the first day that I tried this when I got home, it had barely budged! My bottom eyelashes weren't coated as well as they could have been, but the mascara hadn't all fallen off into my under eye area - It was an absolute miracle. I don't understand why Rimmel don't put more emphasis on the product being 'long lasting', as I've said in previous blog posts, mascara comes off my face really quickly and I often find myself having to try waterproof products to keep it on for longer.

Mascara at 5pm (It was applied before school at 8am)
I feel like I'm becoming attached to this mascara way too quickly - I'm forcing myself to try other brands but truth be told, I just want to use this everyday! It has soon become one of my favourites, if not my favourite. I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I need to - love it! 

See You Soon!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Looks great on you, seems like a good product! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on you. I've never tried a Rimmel mascara!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was on my monthly favourites and I completely agree it's amazing :)

    Lovely review!!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try this for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it but it looks great on you so I'll definitely be getting it soon haha!
    http://thousandsundowns.blogspot.com.au/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seen quite a few reviews on this but I love yours, I always have problems with mascara stains under my eyes so mentioning that this mascara didn't budget was so helpful! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm glad i helped! I always feel like I'm on my own with the 'mascara falling off my eyes' problem haha xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh no! Maybe next time - I hate it when that happens! :( And it does! Xx

    ReplyDelete