Welcome to my Blog!

AVON MEGA EFFECTS MASCARA

By 16:11

In all honesty, I was a little (very) confused when this mascara came out. My friend told me about it first, talking about how it was 'only' £10 (ONLY?!?!?! Talk about breaking the bank!!) and about how it works as a brush instead of a wand. By this point I was lost, confused and a little bit scared. What kind of mascara is this?? 



Two Coats (without curling my eyelashes beforehand!)
Regardless of my worries, I thought I'd try it out anyway to figure what all the hype was about. Admittedly, I wanted the mascara to be terrible so that I'd have an excuse to return it, but actually, I'm getting on with it pretty damn well. I was a bit reluctant since I imagined it to just brush my lashes rather than actually coating them with mascara, and although there was a slight element of this, it did coat my lashes when I used a slightly stronger hand and it separated my lashes fantastically! 

I found my bottom lashes a little more difficult to do, and although the brush bends to a 90% angle to help combat this, it was still pretty difficult since its not something I'm used to at all. I'd probably get used to doing it over time, but it is quite a hassle to have to pick the brush out (You have to take off the lid, then pull out the brush) when in a rush, so I'd probably have to save this for when I had plenty of makeup time! 

The lasting power was pretty average - it was by no means terrible but I find with Avon mascaras in general that they can collect underneath my eyes in blobs after a while. It tends to be worse when you wear lots of layers, as the mascara seems to be pretty subtle but still gives you plenty of volume.

I really like this mascara - It's quick and easy to use, but I definitely think I want to refund this one in particular since for some reason, I decided to buy this in Navy Blue instead of Black (??????? I really don't know what goes through my head sometimes!).

See You Soon! 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Hmm - I'm not entirely convinced about this one. To me it seems a very strange way to apply mascara, but I guess it's good to try different styles so you know what works and not. I've never been that interested in this product and it seems to be a love it or hate it product :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen- cool!
    Jennifer
    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is so strange looking! I think you did a pretty good job applying it considering, I don't think I'd even brave putting this on!

    Lovely blog by the way - I found you on Twitter as I was trying to navigate my way through the whole #bbloggers thing (Twitter newbie.) Now following! If you fancy popping over to say hello I'm over at :
    http://mrschrissyanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a mascara fiend so trying something new appeals to me. This looks like it could be very interesting !!!

    A Forte For Fashion

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bizarre concept!!! Looks good on your lashes though!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so confused by the applicator! If it was cheaper i'd give it a try, but I think it would just leave me with panda eyes after a couple of hours :(

    Hannah
    x

    www.bananabeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weird concept but it looks good though!

    Fashionkween.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great review and pics :)))

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is honestly the weirdest thing I have ever seen!!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete