Welcome to my Blog!

EASY OMBRE NAILS

By 14:53 ,

Ombré nails have never been something which has appealed to me - the whole 'get a makeup sponge and press it on your nail 100 times without smudging it' has just been way too fussy, and even if I wanted to, I don't think I'd have the patience or skill to do it. However, since the evolution of glitter ombré, I've been converted! I think glitter ombré looks gorgeous so I wanted to try and perfect the look before firework night (The perfect occasion for glitter ombré!).




For my favourite (easiest) ombré attempt I used only two nail varnishes (excluding top coat and base coat, but these are optional I guess!). To do it you'll need an opaque colour for underneath and a glitter varnish - I used both 'Natural Girl' and 'Gold Flecked' from Avon Colortrend as I thought they went well together and they are sold for only £3-£4 each (Although there are loads of 2 for £4 offers and discounts).

I first applied the opaque colour and once dry, put a layer of the glitter varnish at the very top of the nail. Once this was dry (Or slightly tacky, if you're feeling risky and in a rush) I added another layer but started from slightly further down. I did this 3 times, until I reached about two thirds of the way down the nail.


Once this is all dry, you can apply a top coat to achieve a smoother finish, or you can leave it as it is if you don't mind the slightly rough feeling of the glitter. 

I hope you liked the post - I am literally terrible at nail art - so I feel like if I can do an average job, anybody can! 

See You Soon! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm not too keen on the base color in itself but when you add the glitter it's a completely different story. It's a great look, amazing what a little glitter can do :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the concept for it, I might try it with different colours :] x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I only used the colours I did as an example to be honest :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to have to try this!
    I've just ordered a new one of the colour trend glitter topcoats in Rose Gold so really excited to try it.

    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely, let me know how it turns out ;-) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Chloe just to let you know that I have tagged you for the Beauty Blogger TAG and it would be so much fun if you joined in :o). Xx
    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete