Welcome to my Blog!

HOW TO CONTOUR

By 17:14

Hi Everyone! It has been requested that I do a 'How to Contour' post, ehhh! At first I was a bit reluctant since I am in no way a professional when it comes to doing any kind of makeup, and I'm not actually sure myself if I'm any good at it (my face makeup has already come off by the time I get to school - no one sees it!). Nevertheless, I thought I'd give it a shot and see how it turns out, so enjoy! :)


I have two contour kits myself - The e.l.f Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St Lucia (which the packaging looks quite similar to the Nars Contour Kits, hmm) & the Sleek Face Form kit in Light. I usually use the Sleek kit rather than e.l.f since the colour is lighter so better for my pale skin, and it is also matte whereas the e.l.f contour has glitter running through. I've also heard about the MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 4 being good as a contour for pale skin - I definitely want to try it out for only £1!

I use my real techniques blush brush to apply the contour. I usually start by making a fish face and putting the powder in the hollows of my cheeks (where the shadows fall). I then take it around the side of my face (see the picture below if you're confused, I'm sorry) and above my eyebrow in a backwards/forwards (it depends which side of the face you're doing) 'c' motion. I usually plonk some powder on my double chin since the dark shadow that it creates helps to cover it up, and down the sides of my nose to make it look thinner. 

Picture from Here (It felt silly to make a new image when this explains exactly what I mean)
Once I have used the contour, I usually put a blush on my cheeks and run some highlighter down my nose, on the funny shaped thing on top of my lip that people sometimes get pierced (this does have a name but I can't remember it, I am once again so so sorry haha) and slightly above the blusher. 

Oh lord.. Reading back on this post I just hope you can understand what on earth I'm talking about, to be honest. Anyway, I hope you like it! See you soon :) 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. just found your blog, i love it. Great post! I love the sleek contour kit for contouring!

    thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the sleek contour kit. I have the elf and love it.
    Lovely post

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the sleek one! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Really great post. I have the sleek two tone one but I am thinking about getting the palate with the three shades :) x

    Trill | Estrilll.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the ELF blush and contour kit in St. Lucia, but I don't own a Sleek Face Form kit! I can't wait to order it and try it out. I've heard lots of great things about it. Great post! :)

    www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete