Welcome to my Blog!

JOHN FRIEDA FULL REPAIR SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER

By 07:42

If there is one thing beauty-related about myself that I really slack with, it's my hair. I have got the worst roots known to human being and haven't been to get a trim in about 6 months now (whoops!). I'm not sure how many people can relate to this, but I am always on the look out for products which will look after my constantly splitting ends for me, and will stop my hair feeling so dry all the time (I'm not really sure why it seems to be in such a bad condition - I don't even straighten it! Alright, maybe I should get a trim). Anyway, I was sent some of the John Frieda Full Repair Hydrate & Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner* to try out and mess around with.


Starting with the Shampoo, the first thing that hit me was the smell. It was soft and kind of fruity - not too overpowering, but just enough to make me sit there smelling my hand for a good couple of minutes. When I was applying it I felt like I had to use a lot of product, probably due to both the fact that I have very thick, long hair, and the product was slightly on the thicker side. Though admittedly I took that as a good sign, since it always makes me feel like my hair is getting a thorough soak, which I couldn't imagine getting with a watery shampoo. My hair (even my ends!!) felt so so soft once I had washed off the shampoo I felt like I didn't need to use the conditioner. I've tried a fair share of shampoos for dry hair, but this is definitely one of my favourites! 

I liked the conditioner very much too - Again, the scent was very similar to the shampoo and was nice to use. I did feel like my hair benefited from this since I am usually quite 'carefree' and save conditioning for special occasions (or if there's anybody I want to impress, oi oi). This seemed to do a good job at getting rid of some of the frizz in the underneaths of my hair too, it wasn't a miracle worker but it was definitely an improvement on what it usually is, and frizz is so hard to get rid of!

There is further information on the products available here - with information on How to Treat Dry Hair and also reviews and all of that jazz if anybody is interested!



I was also sent some products to try from the new Luxurious Volume Range - the Blow Dry Lotion Root Booster* and the Fine to Full Blow out Spray*. For these products I had to check out the John Frieda YouTube channel since I am sometimes so clueless about how to actually use the products properly (You might have noticed, or might have not), I wanted to get the full and proper use out of these.

I used the Blow Dry Lotion Root Booster by dispensing it into my hand and then onto my roots before blow drying. I feel like the only thing I'm talking about in this post is the smell of the products but I really feel the need to bring this up. It was a real stark contrast to the Shampoo and Conditioner - it smelt very alcoholish and it was a very intense too, slightly disappointing! I was also slightly disappointed since the product came out through a spray, which was not a deal breaker but slightly messy. I'm not sure if it's just mine though - I've seen other reviews on the internet where it is dispensed through a pump which I could imagine working a lot better. Even though my hair isn't thin, I still enjoyed using this since once my hair had dried it was a lot more voluminous at the top, whereas it normally falls flat because my hair is heavy. 

The last thing I applied to my hair before blow drying was the Volume Fine to Full Blow out Spray. I was a lot happier with this - the smell wasn't amazing but it was a lot less noticeable than the Root Booster and the spray actually worked well for this, since you can just apply it straight to your hair instead of  into your hand. This paired with the root booster gave me a lovely hair day the following day - No flatness whatsoever! I was shocked since the products are aimed at thin and flat hair, and since mine is the opposite of thin I hadn't got high expectations. Turns out I was wrong! 

Final Verdict? The Shampoo and Conditioner are absolutely lovely - I'd definitely recommend them for anyone who's hair could do with a little pick me up. I'm having that crisis where I really want to wash my hair again with this so that my hair is nice, but I'm also trying to save it for when I really need it, since I know I'll be repurchasing it. In comparison, I wasn't as keen on the Luxurious Volume products - They were good at doing what it says on the packaging, don't get me wrong, but I just feel like personally I wouldn't get as much use or benefit out of them. But generally it really does depend on what you need for your hair - If you do have flat hair, and want a little pick me up, then I'd definitely give it a shot!

Hope you liked the post - See you soon! ^_^

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. the shampoo and conditioner sound lovely! My hair feels and looks so dry at the moment, I defiantly need to invest in some new products!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend these!! I was shocked at them myself - so good! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the shampoo and conditioner. It's great for giving your hair a treat.x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete