Welcome to my Blog!

BEST OF 2013: MAKEUP

By 13:09













High End
Mac Amplified Lipstick in Chatterbox
Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Powder
Benefit They're Real Mascara
HD Brows Kit in Foxy

Drugstore
Maybelline Babylips in Intense Care
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Bourjois Java Rice Powder
Sleek Face Form Palette

This post was a lot more difficult than I had expected it to be because there literally are so many products which I've been liking. I decided I'd pick a range of high-end and drugstore because to condense it down to one would be difficult and a lot less interesting. Enjoy!

Starting with the high end products, I don't think I'd be able to live without my HD Brows Kit in Foxy. The pigment is so good in it and it makes my brows look a lot more shaped than other brow kits - It's ideal for travelling too as it can also be used to create a smoky eye look. My other picks are the Benefit They're Real Mascara. Admittedly, it's a pain to remove but it sticks on my lashes all day and gives me the volume that I want while not having to use much product. I also really like the Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Powder which I lightly dust over my skin when I really want to look glam. It reduces all of the redness on my face and evens out my skin tone like a joy. It also smells like Parma Violets, the perfect scent! My final pick was the Mac Amplified Lipstick in Chatterbox. Although this is actually my first mac lipstick, I don't think I could have made a better pink. It's a lovely baby pink which applies really well on the lips due to the creamy formula. The pigment is really strong (as with all of the amplified finish lipsticks). The shade is versatile and can be worn in the day with natural eyes, or in the evenings with heavy eye makeup.

Onto drugstore makeup, my picks were pretty easy as I use pretty much all of these daily. Although controversial, I really like the Maybelline Babylips in Intense Care. When I use it it feels like my lips are actually being moisturised, rather than just being coated with a gloss on top as some lip balms do. I also use the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum frequently as I've really grown on the light/medium coverage. It looks really natural yet still allows my skin to look smoother, dewy and more even. If I feel like I need more coverage I usually turn to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The coverage is a lot higher yet still leaves the skin looking natural, illuminated and awake (eh, get it?). Another product for making the skin look illuminated is the Bourjois Java Rice Powder. Only a small amount of the product is needed to make the skin look glowing and I really do rate this as much as I do my higher end products. My final choice is the Sleek Face Form Palette - with different palettes for different skin colours, this suits even the palest of skin tones. I have mine in 'Light' and the contour looks natural and not orange in the slightest. The product also comes with a blush and highlighter in and so is ideal for travelling as the packaging is so sleek and condense.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I haven't had the Guerlain meteorite powder for such a long time and it's soooo pretty. Even just looking at the shades cheers me up - perhaps in a month or so when my bank balance has recovered from Christmas :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I can't bring myself to use it all of the time because I dont want it to run out haha, get your hands on it! :D Xx

      Delete
  2. i really want to try out the HD brows kit, a lot of people love them!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so amazing! I'm shocked at myself for liking it so much but I'd definitely definitely recommend Xx

      Delete
  3. Love the sleek palette xx
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you recommend the Bourjois foundation for oily skin ? x

    Enora from http://remainreverie.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not sure, my skin isn't oily so I wouldn't want to say :/ a blogger/vlogger who talks about drugstore foundation for oily skin is 'missbudgetbeauty' Xx

      Delete
  5. so many nice products! i did one of these posts recently and didn't realise how many products i'd love too haha

    helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like! And it's shocking! I wanted to do a drugstore one but then I realised how much I loved some of my high end products and couldn't leave them out! So I tried to do a mix :) xx

      Delete
  6. The sleek palette looks really lovely, I love having multiple products in one place!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I'd defo recommend it! So good for the money too :) x

      Delete
  7. This is one of the only posts like this that I've tried most of the products in - I 100% agree with loads of these!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice set you have there :) Really lovely blog :) I'm a new fan

    xx
    http://cycybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything by sleek is in my favourites , love the brand x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sleek so much! Defo agree with you :) xx

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely collection - lots I love in there too! Keep meaning to pick up the Sleek palette as I love their other stuff... Kat x
    londonkat.com

    ReplyDelete