Welcome to my Blog!

FAVOURITE WINTER LIPSTICKS

By 09:10


From L-R:
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mad About Mauve
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in Shade 107
Mac Amplified Creme Lipstick in Chatterbox

I feel like a little anti-conformist writing about my favourite lipsticks which aren't all dark colours. I love the vampy lip right now but speaking realistically, I wouldn't dare leave the house in anything too dark. I've constantly found myself going for the same three lipsticks in my makeup collection recently, hence I decided I'd write a post about them as a little something different. Oh, and can we just talk about how much easier it is to swatch lipsticks on paper!!

The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mad About Mauve is probably my favourite out of the three at the moment. I want to blog about it individually soon so I won't go into too much detail, although it's a lovely deep mauve colour which can easily be worn everyday. I didn't wear it for a while after I brought it because it reminded me of something my Nan would wear, but it's actually really grown on me. A lot! 

My second in line is the infamous Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in Shade 107. I'm really following in everybody else's footsteps but it honestly is lovely. For anybody who actually hasn't heard about it, it's quite a dark red lippy and is what I'd call 'semi-vampy' (i.e. it's like going for the vampy look but you can wear it everyday and still look beautiful). It can also be blotted down into more of a reddy shade, for anybody who's slightly afraid of the deep coloured bullet. 

My final selection is the Mac Amplified Creme Lipstick in Chatterbox. I chose this as one of my favourites since Zoella said on her new video that she likes to pair light pink blushes with light pink lipstick, and this really does do it perfectly for me. It is pretty bright, don't get me wrong, but it's a soft baby colour which I think is a lovely alternative to the darker colours this time of year. I wear this almost daily at sixth form since when it fades it becomes a nice nude/pink colour on the lips and so doesn't look silly either.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I love the look of the Mac lipstick, and think I definitely need to pick up that Rimmel shade, it looks beautiful. Great post, thanks x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. May just have to pick up the Mac lipstick, How nice is that. On the lookout for more shades, thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! No problem, glad you like it :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. I love Rimmel/Kate Moss lipsticks and I'm lucky that my best friend can get them for me for free (at least until her placement year finishes this summer) so I might put in a cheeky request for this one! I love darker shades :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no way!! Make her get me them all!! haha (joke) I'd definitely recommend it! Xx

      Delete
  4. Chatterbox looks really stunning! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I am really liking the Rimmel lipstick. Every gal needs a vampy lipstick in her collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of Chatterbox. Now I know Zoella likes it, I will have to purchase it too haha. I love 107 too, one of my fave A/W shades

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if she likes that one in particular, but she said she likes baby pinks and this is my fave baby pink! 107 is lovely xx

      Delete
  7. Fab post! I love the look of the MAC one, I'm in desperate need of a new lippy!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been lusting after Chatterbox for so long now!! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete