Welcome to my Blog!

SMALL DRUGSTORE HAUL // BOOTS, SUPERDRUG & POUNDLAND

By 16:27

My original purpose for going in both Boots and Superdrug at the weekend was to look at the remainder of the sale items (sometimes they further reduce them!) and to pick up some of the new Maybelline Babyskin. They had neither of these, but of course there was no way that I could leave the shop empty handed - especially while there was a 'Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price' on selected brands (the three which stuck out the most were MaxFactor, Maybelline and Bourjois). 

Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara - £7.99 (Superdrug)
This mascara is well loved within the blog world and I had been meaning to purchase it for a while, but never really got around to buying it (partly because I thought it cost £10, so in my head I saved £2, even though I didn't really). I've only briefly used it although I am really enjoying it so far and I would definitely recommend it for anybody who wants a lot of volume and curl.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' - £2.50 (Superdrug) 
These originally cost £4.99 but with the 'Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price' offer, I managed to pick it up for a lovely £2.50. Another well known product, so I also picked up the shade 'On and On Bronze' as a lot of people talk about it's versatility and creaminess - I already wear bronze powder eyeshadows on a daily basis and so I know that this will be well used. I hadn't really been fussed about these beforehand but since trying it, I do like it a lot and so I can see myself buying some more shades in the future, probably when there's another offer on, knowing me.

MUA Pro Base Conceal and Brighten Kit in 'Porcelain'- £3.50 (Superdrug)
I picked this up on a total whim, which was kind of risky I guess, but I had been wanting to pick up  new concealer and this one seemed to stick out more to me than any of the others. It contains a skin-toned highlighter on the left for covering up blemishes and using on the under eyes, a highlighter in the middle for use on the brow bone and a pink toned concealer to help cover green veins on the face (very useful for on the eyelids and temples!). At a first glance, I'm really impressed with the creaminess of the product and I can't wait to get some proper use out of this.

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner- £2.99 (Superdrug) // £2.50 (Special Offer at Boots)
Typical me paid the full £2.99 for this at Superdrug, before realising that it was on offer for £2.50! I'm glad that it was only 49p though, and I'm still happy to have a decent eye liner costing only £2.99. I've seen this spoken about by a few bloggers and wanted to try this as a lot of mine are starting to get quite dry. It's not the blackest of the black liners, but it has a nice consistency and I definitely think it's nice considering the money paid, and can still compete with some of the more expensive drugstore eye liners.

Rimmel GlamEyes Quad Eyeshadow in 'Smokey Purple' - £1 (Poundland)
My final buy came from Poundland, and it was one of the GlamEyes Quad Eyeshadows. I know that buying makeup from Poundland is controversial as some of it is apparently out of date (or something like that), but I thought I may as well give it a shot. It felt silly to pay £4 for one from Superdrug when I can pay £1 and get the exact same product. If I have a reaction to it, I'll throw it away, y'know? For the record, I've never had a problem with any makeup that I've brought from Poundland. I have also surprisingly never tried any of Rimmel's eyeshadows before, and after seeing a review and swatches on a blog, I realised that I could've been missing out so picked up these lovely purple colours. Perfect for making green eyes pop!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. How did I have no idea that they sold makeup in Poundland? Definitely going to be popping in there!

    http://chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They don't have a huge selection but they have mostly some odd Revlon stuff, Rimmel stuff and a few brands that I haven't heard of :) I always have a look to see if they have anything different! Xx

      Delete
  2. Rimmel Make Up for one Pound? Oh wow that's a good find! And the colour tattoo for 2.50 is also great, you found some pretty good bargains! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! They have the eyeshadows in most of the poundlands I've visited - take a look! :D xx

      Delete
  3. I really need to pick up that bronze shade! I love those cream shadows, but I own so many not so wearable shades haha!
    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really really lovely! What shades do you have? :D xx

      Delete
  4. The MUA concealer looks amazing for something so cheap!

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth the money! Definitely one to repurchase when I run out I think :) xx

      Delete
  5. I got that colour tattoo in my Glossybox, can't wait to try it

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so lovely! They put a good shade in :) xx

      Delete
  6. It's so nice to use! And I'd defo recommend the concealer palette - thankyou, and you too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally picked up the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze today as well! I hope you're loving it as much as I already am
    - Stefanie xx
    casualllyawkward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it! I'm glad you like it :D xx

      Delete
  8. I love the falsies! The Mua conceal and brighten kit looks really interesting!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - so glad I've got it! And I really like it, it's so creamy :) xx

      Delete
  9. You can't beat buying beauty goodies, can you?! Great picks, the MUA conceal kit seems a right bargain x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not, I can never have enough! It's lovely :) xx

      Delete
  10. Ohh no way, they always have some when I go! I hope you bump into some :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I really like it - each to their own I guess! I love the colour tattoo :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep meaning to buy that shade, as I am currently loving the Pink Gold (I think it is called) Colour Tattoo, and hear great things about On and On Bronze. I also very nearly picked up that Rimmel quad in Poundland, but have always been a bit disappointed by Rimmel eyeshadows in the past. Sounds like I missed out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh pink gold sounds nice - ill look into it as I wanted some more shades! And oh no! I don't think they're as good as higher end ones but I like it for what I paid! Xx

      Delete
  13. Ooh great purchases! :) I bought a Rimmel quad from Poundland earlier last year and I've had no problems with it all, really pigmented and easy to use! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! There's so nothing wrong with Poundland purchases :-) xx

      Delete
  14. I'm using it everyday at the moment! Love it x

    ReplyDelete