Welcome to my Blog!

SOAP & GLORY FACETIME

By 15:52


Soap & Glory Facetime - £12.50 in Boots Sale
I picked up this from Boots in the January Sales (I've written about the other things I've brought here). It seemed like an ideal product for me because I am a huge Soap and Glory fan, and I also want to get more involved in Skincare over the next year and so it seemed an ideal way to start. 

The first product which I tried out of the kit were the Off Your Face 3 in 1 Purifying Cloths. I've taken quite a liking to using these. I use them as a product to use after I've removed my makeup if I'm feeling lazy. It states on them that they shouldn't be used in the eye area and so I take off all of my eye makeup with something else, although this is ideal for a lazy days skincare routine as it claims to 'cleanse, tone and exfoliate with a good scrub' (or something like that, anyway). I wouldn't recommend using these on a daily basis as it probably isn't the most thorough cleansing product, although it's good for those where you get home late and really just want to get into bed. 

In the set was also a tub of the Puffy Eye Attack Hydragel Turbo Boost. This is probably my favourite product in the set - it's nice and wobbly like jelly!! It really comes in useful for early mornings as it just generally makes my eyes look more awake and brighter. I don't get terrible dark circles but it helps to combat the slight darkness that there is on my undereyes (we all get a little bit, don't we?), and so reduces my need for concealer around my eyes. It's also nice and cool when you apply it and so instantly makes you feel more awake! This product costs £12.50 alone on the Boots website, so you already get your moneys worth from the set with this alone!

The 'Feel Good Factor' translucent BB cream was a slight disappointment for me. I know that a lot of people who have tried it have really loved it, although it really didn't do anything for me. I was intrigued to see how it worked as a lot of BB creams are too dark for me and so I found the 'translucent' branding to be very appealing, Don't get me wrong, I know that BB Creams are supposed to have sheer coverage although I was expecting slightly more than what there was. It did work slightly in that it reduced the redness around my face (especially around my nose) although it did absolutely zilch for my spots and blemishes, and so I've taken to using this as a primer underneath my makeup instead; I've found that I like this a lot more when I refer to it as a primer.

The final product in the set is the Smooth Operator Lip Butter Balm. I think I need to warn you all about the sent. It's delicious!! It smells like Coconuts, so nice that I literally want to sit and eat it. I'm really liking the balm personally. It's quite thick and so I like to warm it up a little bit on my fingers before I apply it although it really sinks into the lips nicely and makes them feel hydrated. I've used this product a good few times (more than since buying it) and the tin looks barely touched - to say that a little goes a long way is a total understatement! This is definitely another product I'm pleased with and since it costs only £5 alone, I'd definitely still recommend it even if you don't want to buy the whole set.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love Soap and Glory!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been waiting for the sales to get my hands on it all haha :) Xx

      Delete
  2. What a great way to try out more products at once! I love everything I've ever used from Soap & Glory, thanks for sharing! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used any Soap and Glory face products but it looks like you've got a great deal with that set! I really like the Hand Food Hand Cream :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the hand food too! I don't think I've ever been dissappointed by any of their products o:-) Xx

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous little set, the lip balm sounds lovely! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the lip balm is so nice! I'd defo recommend it :) Xx

      Delete
  5. I've got this set but haven't tried it but after seeing this I'm going to bust it open! found u on recommended on bloglovin and now following :)
    lots of love,
    Laura x
    www.teaseflutterpout.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I managed to get this in the sales. It looks like such a great set. I really want to try a few bits of soap and glory skincare. I've only ever used the bath stuff before.

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do get where you're coming from - to be honest! I've heard a lot about their cleansing products too and I'd love to try them although I don't think the set is terrible - I still make a lot of use out of what is in there and they're all items that I'd never think to pick up myself :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good little set, gutted I will have missed it in the Boots sales haha

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Still look out for it - imagine how much of a bonus it'll be if you get it at 70% off :) Xx

      Delete