Welcome to my Blog!

TOP 5 UNDER £5 COSMETICS

By 17:55


I did a '10 products under £10' post a while ago and so I thought it was about time I
stepped it up a notch. I found it more difficult than I thought I would as there are a lot of products which cost just over the £5 mark, and so as much as I'd love to include them, I can't. I didn't include any eye products/mascaras as there are none under the £5 mark that I'm absolutely in love with, but I'm pretty pleased with the ones that are here. Enjoy!

MUA Undress Me Too Palette - £4.00 Superdrug
It took me a while to get onto the hype for these but honestly, they are a fantastic starter product for anybody who is looking to build up their makeup collection slowly and/or doesn't want to invest in an expensive palette. There are enough nude colours in the palette to make looks for both everyday and on an evening, and the back of the palette even gives ideas as to how to create a look. I'm personally not a big fan of the brushes which are included in the palette, and so I love to use my own, but the brush included isn't terrible and you still get great value for money with the eyeshadows alone.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19 Superdrug/Boots
I honestly think that every person and their dog has this concealer, but it's another great budget buy. It has been compared to higher end concealers so many times that I feel personally rather quite proud of Collection for coming up with such a nice product. As you can see, the packaging is nothing to scream home about and the writing has all come off mine (boo!) although for the money I'd definitely recommend these for both the under-eyes and for covering up blemishes.

Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in Shade 107 - £4.99 Savers
For me, lipstick is always a difficult one as there are just so many drugstore lipsticks which I really like. The Kate Moss Matte range took the win for me as it is actually the most matte lip product I've tried - there's nothing that bugs me more than a 'matte' lipstick which doesn't actually look matte. It is quite drying although a good exfoliate beforehand and a lip balm underneath will stop it from sticking to the dry parts, and it does last on my lips for most of the day. My favourite shade of the bunch is the infamous 107, although I really want to try some different lipsticks from the range when I get the opportunity.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' - £4.99 Superdrug/Boots
This is a newer purchase of mine but I haven't put it down since buying it (well, not literally, but I've been using it almost daily). It is a cream eyeshadow which literally glides onto the eyelids and is really appropriate for those mornings when you're in a real rush, as you can just sweep and go.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - £4.99 Savers
I've had to repurchase this foundation about three times now, and I just don't seem to be getting bored of it. The shade selection isn't fantastic and the lightest shade (Ivory) still requires me to blend a little but the formula and price definitely makes up for it. It has a slight shimmer running through and so adds life to the skin when it's dull, as well as medium/high coverage to cover up all of the imperfections on my face.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. This excited me a lot as I have all but one product in this post (Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation!) so it was really interesting for me to hear your reviews on the products!
    Great post :)
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post :) January is a month where money is an issue since i always over spend during the christmas period! I love the Collection concealer and the Rimmel Kate 107~ so worth the money. I need to try the Rimmel wake me up foundation soon as i have heard so much great reviews about it :)

    Nice to hear your thoughts on these products! Have a lovely day <3

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh definitely! If I'm honest I didn't even think of it in that way - but I'm glad it came in useful! <3 Xx

      Delete
  3. Great post, I love rimmel lipsticks but personally I really don't like the color tattoo shadows x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? :o

      I love Rimmel lipsticks too! Drugstores are so on point with their lipsticks :) Xx

      Delete
  4. Love the MUA palette it's a great Naked 2 dupe

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That was why I wanted to pick one up but it so is :) Xx

      Delete
  5. I love Kate Moss lipsticks, I have 2 and just adore then! The rimmel wake me up foundation is my 2nd favourite (behind MAC). Love this post x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've never tried mac foundation! The kate moss lipsticks are such nice quality :) Xx

      Delete
  6. I love MUA palettes- the quality considering the price amazes me!
    Great post, L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! I love how you can see the colours from outside of the packaging too :-) Xx

      Delete
  7. Definitely not! I have so many products from both of them - can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all these products and love them all :) good post

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for a new concealer - this Collection one sounds fab!

    Becca x

    http://perfectlypolishedpaws.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I STILL haven't tried any of the maybelline 24/7 tattoo products but have been meaning to try them out for ages. They're meant to also be great for coloured eyebrows xD

    ReplyDelete