Welcome to my Blog!

AVON COSMETICS FAVOURITES

By 15:40 , ,























Since I am an Avon Representative, I've tried a whole range of their cosmetics over the last year or so. There was a point where basically my whole makeup collection was full of Avon, because it was just so easy for me to get hold of. I've managed to stop my addiction since then and haven't really brought anything from there for a while (phew) but I thought I would post about my personal favourite buys from there as I know that for some people it can be difficult to get hold of a representative - and so hopefully ya'll can get some ideas of what to buy when you do manage to get hold of one.

Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation
I actually really like this foundation. Getting the bad thing out of the way first, the foundation oxidises slightly and so I decided to go for the palest shade available. Looking back, I wish I had brought one darker as although it matches my neck, it makes my skin look slightly washed out. The dilemmas of not having somebody to match you, eh? (I guess what I'm trying to say is: Ask an Avon rep for some shade samples first so that you can give them all a swatch and wear, they cost about 12p each!)
I'd say the coverage on this was definitely a medium/high and still doesn't look cakey. I'd still recommend being careful with the application as I would with all foundation (if you want more coverage, layer once it has dried instead). The foundation lasts all day and is definitely one of my favourite foundations available from Avon. It definitely has more of a matte finish and although I'm kind of going off high coverage foundations (I much prefer sheer products at the moment), I really don't think the formula is bad at all. 

Avon Eye Radiance Brightening Wand 
I've not actually taken an interest in eye radiance/luminance products until recently and so really got back into using this after it being hidden in my drawer for months. It helps makes my eyes look a lot more awake in the morning and at the moment, I'm far preferring using this in comparison to blemish covering concealers on my undereyes (which is kinda weird, when you come to think of it). I don't have extreme dark circles or anything and so I can't comment on it for everybody, but if you're looking for a concealer to brighten your eyes then this is nice.

Avon Super Extend Felt tip Liner 
This has been an absolute gem in my makeup routine. I've been using it since about August (about 6 months) and it still isn't showing any sign of drying up, which I think is pretty good going for a felt tip liner. It's a lot easier to use than liquid liners as it is much less watery and you don't need to stop to put more product on the pen. This is definitely worth the money - I find a lot of drugstore liners to be kinda useless but this is definitely an exception for me.

Avon Primer 
I find that eye primers are somewhat difficult to find in the drugstore and so when this was introduced, I thought I would give it a pop. As you can see from the photo I've got quite a lot of wear out of this and will continue to use it when I use eyeshadow, as a less expensive version of the Urban Decay primer potion. I wouldn't associate it as being a 'dupe' as such, but it's an eyelid primer which does it's job well, making eyeshadow look a lot brighter and stopping any creasing.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Avon was the first makeup brand I ever used and I'm pretty sure I've collected most of their quads :) I used to love that foundation (the old formula) but when they changed it, it just didn't work for me any more. I haven't tried anything from them for a while, definitely need to place an order. great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! That's sweet haha, I didn't know that they had reformulated it! Mind you I haven't been a rep for too long o:-) Glad you liked it! Xx

      Delete
  2. I Loved that Foundation! I had to stop Avon as I was just spending all my commission on their products haha!

    http://lovelaurenxx.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was like that once! Now I take all of my commission and just spend it on other drugstore stuff - damn it haha Xx

      Delete
  3. I love the lid primer, has to be one of my favourites.

    http://beautyskooldropout2013.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've hardly tried Avon makeup at all but after reading this I'll have to have a look! The brightening wand sounds lovely and the felt tip liner would be perfect for me! :)

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yes, try it! I'd love to know what you think :) xx

    ReplyDelete