Welcome to my Blog!

DRUGSTORE HAUL (BOOTS & SUPERDRUG) | FEBRUARY 2014

By 08:03 , ,























Well, this wasn't supposed to happen, but it did, so there's no point in dwelling on the past eh! Haha. If anybody's wondering why I'm commenting on whether I like a product or not, I have tried them a few times since buying them and so I'm just stating my first opinions, they're not full on reviews!

Batiste Dry Shampoo with a hint of colour (dark & deep brown) - £3.99
This was highly, highly influenced by my Mum. We both have quite dark hair naturally and are both regular users of dry shampoo, yet I was adamant that I wouldn't purchase this as I can still use the white dry shampoo, and can purchase that from savers for half the price. She wanted it so much that she eventually offered to buy it for me (I say for me, but she uses dry shampoo a lot more often than I do anyway, so I'll probably only get one or two uses out of it). It is actually really cool though - you could probably get away with spraying it and not blending it in at all. It's like invisible! 


Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser - £7.99
Despite all of the negative reviews on this, I still couldn't resist picking this up. I've not tried the Benefit Porefessional and it does have the silicone like texture that people complain about, but actually, I like it. I only use it on my nose but it really does disguise my pores, like nothing I'd ever seen before. It was so weird - it looked airbrushed! I'm always careful not to wear this for too long as some people say it breaks them out, so I also make sure to remove my makeup thoroughly but I haven't had any breakouts yet.

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation - £8.99
I'm still on two sides about this product. Whether it will actually improve the condition of the skin, I'm not sure but I do really like the formula. I was expecting it to be quite sheer as it's pretty watery, but it has medium/high coverage without looking cakey in the slightest. My one complaint is the shade range - it's a nightmare. I think mines slightly on the darker side although my Mum seems to love when I wear it - apparently makes me looks 'glowy' and she compliments me everytime, whereas to me I just look orange. 

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in 'Demure' - £7.99
With the Boots 3 for 2 I had a freebie left to pick up and obviously it had to be one of the new Matte Balms. That didn't quite go to plan though as they only had colours left which I didn't really like and which I knew wouldn't suit me, so decided to go for a Lacquer Balm instead. I picked the shade 'Demure' as it's still quite within my comfort zone although it's a different colour to a lot of the pink lipsticks in my collection. I definitely still want to buy some matte balms although I think I'll end up waiting until the hype dies down, then I can pick out of all of the colours!

Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep Overnight Serum - £2.33
After hearing rave reviews about this product, I knew I had to pick it up. Gemma at Makeup Magpie spoke about it recently and there's also a review from a Dentist (or some person with authority anyway, I can't really remember who) on the Daily Mail website who rated it an 8/10. Pretty good going for the price! I've been using it for 2 days and although I've not noticed a huge difference it isn't a pain to use as you just wear it while you sleep, so I'll carry on using it for a while even if my teeth don't dramatically change. I also managed to get an extra 25% off this with my Boots Advantage Card, so got an extra 88p off! Yay! 

MUA Eye Brow Kit - £3.50
I brought this after reading a blog post comparing it to other brow kits, and with it getting a higher score than my beloved HD Brows Kit, I knew I had to check it out. £3.50 bloomin well spent if you ask me, but I don't want to give anymore information away because I'm writing a blog post on this soon. Hehehehe.

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I picked up the Better skin foundation but haven't had a play with it yet. I look forward to your review on the brow kit, I love my HD brows kit so it will be good to see a cheaper alternative.

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting to try the Better Skin foundation, just picked up the concealer to see what that is like.

    http://beautyskooldropout2013.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know what the concealer is like! I'd really like to try that :) xx

      Delete
  3. I am always buying some dry shampoo! Really want to try the better skin foundation as I got some odd samples in a magazine :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited to see what you think about the MUA brow kit, since I'm on the hunt for one of these :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely! Even if yous till don't like it, it's better not to waste it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the brunette batiste spray it is like a life saver, no more grey patches from the other bottles ;) xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I couldn't even tell that my mum had put it on when she first tried it! Xx

      Delete
  7. I love the batiste colour shampoo it covers roots well if you colour your hair ;) I also want to try the baby skin primer x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's a good idea! I didn't think of that o:-) Xx

      Delete
  8. would love to try the matte lippys from revlon!


    em @ lipsticklives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I caved (again) and brought Demure as there was one left in Boots (I think it was meant for me) and they're absolutely lovely o:-) Xx

      Delete
  9. Great buys! I love the sound of the pearl drops over night teeth serum! xx

    www.little-babble.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really interested in that foundation! I haven't seen it in the US! I have the primer and I like it too :) It gives me that extra flawless-ness :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! and I bet it'll be available in the US! I'm not sure for certain but it's rare that something is available over here and not there Xx

      Delete
  11. No problem! And definitely - I really like both the matte and lacquer balms Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get over how cheap it was, had to buy it! Even if it doesn't work it's not the end of the world :) Xx

    ReplyDelete