Welcome to my Blog!

REVLON 'MAD ABOUT MAUVE' LIPSTICK

By 15:17

Although I've only been interested in beauty products for a while, I've been buying makeup for years. From Dream Matte Mousse to a Dark Brown Miss Sporty Lipstick, there have been many mistakes I've made (it happens when you have no idea about what products are good and what aren't good!!) over the years. This, however, is one of my finest 'clueless' buys, and I must say, I'm pretty proud of it! 

I picked up this lipstick about 3/4 years ago from a market stall for £2. I had never really been very keen on the shade so it kind of became hidden in the back of my makeup drawer, although I knew it looked familiar when I began reading reviews and other blogs. 




I've recently been starting to appreciate this lipstick a lot more since it has everything I like - it's creamy, pigmented and fairly matte. I like this colour since it looks sophisticated and although it might not be for everyone, I'd definitely recommend the brand if you were looking for a new one to try - the formula is lovely!! I feel slightly guilty since this lipstick is probably past it's use by date, but what the hell, I'll use it anyway! 

See You Soon!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. These revlon lipsticks are lovely :) xx
    Do come & visit my Stila Giveaway.
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! This sounds like a nice lipstick but isn't a colour I would usually go for.

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a colour I'd go for either, but I strangely love it! Xx

      Delete
  3. it's a really lovely colour. I love re-finding old colours I had forgotten all about!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I no longer feel like I need to go out and buy new lipstick o:-) Xx

      Delete
  4. This lipstick is so pretty. I don't actually own anything like it! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only mauvey shade that I have but love it! Xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shade !

    Enora from http://remainreverie.blogspot.fr/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It looks so nice on :) xx

      Delete
  6. love this shade and I didn't know Revlon was so good with their lip products.
    Recently tried one of their Color Burst Lipstain and it's so good, almost like a lipstick, you should try it if you love lipsticks and Revlon :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really really good! I've tried their lip butters but not lip stains - I will look out for them thankyou!! Xx

      Delete
  7. I'd never normally pick a shade like this but it swatches beautifully! might have to have a search in my local superdrug for this :) xxxx
    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have a look! The formula is so nice it just glides :) Xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh what a beautiful colour! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete