Welcome to my Blog!

ROUGE G DE GUERLAIN LIPSTICK IN PROVOCATIVE 863

By 15:55 , ,

At some point in my life (I honestly can't remember when. It might have been before Christmas, but it could have been after Christmas, I really don't know) I was lucky enough to win part of the Guerlain Crazy Paris collection from Dave Lackie on twitter. As overjoyed as I was, I couldn't actually bring myself to touch any of the lipsticks for about a month as I always get paranoid of the bullet breaking off on expensive lipsticks and so literally, I treated them like royalty.

Eventually I managed to bring myself to open them and take a look at the colours - I even put them on my lips at some point!! When swatching I fell in love with this colour straight away. I feel like I should be obliged to say that I love it because of the cost, but it's honestly like my holy grail lipstick (Rimmel Moisture Renew 'As You Want Victoria') but better. I've always been a sucker for hot magenta! 

The packaging is quite a love it or hate it thing. The lid sticks to the packaging due to the pink magnet which makes the lipstick feel quite heavy and chunky. When you take the lid off, the mirror opens automatically (see second photo) which is a pleasant surprise and so is ideal for travelling, although it's not exactly suitable to do your whole face with. 

The pigment is lovely. Only one swipe is needed to apply an opaque colour, reminding me of the amplified creme formula from mac. It glides onto the lips and doesn't stick to the dry parts, making application easy and not fussy whatsoever. The lasting power is nice too - since it's on the creamier side it doesn't last forever and does need reapplying by about lunchtime, but that is to be expected, and I would rather that than a lipstick which dries out the lips. 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. AH such a lovely shade and how gorgeous is the packaging?! x

    Lauren | What Lauren Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It really is quite heavy to hold but the way it works and looks is worth it Xx

      Delete
  2. I've never seen packaging like that before - so innovative! Great post :)

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird - I really like it though! Thankyou :D Xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shade and quirky packaging! I love your watch too :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh the packaging is almost space age!!
    Great colour too :)
    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted a Guerlain lipstick for aggges, but the price always threw me off! I think I'll wait until my birthday, but it will be well worth the wait because it looks GORGEOUS! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh treat yourself!! I absolutely love this now I've started using it. Even if you don't reapply it leaves a lovely tint on the lips :) Xx

      Delete
  6. wow what amazing packaging and the lipstick shade looks gorgeous too :) never tried this brand before but now i am tempted to try this :)
    Great post lovely :)
    Melissa theinkedblonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a look! I love the formula and the packaging - it's expensive but I can't think of anything else bad to say! xX

      Delete
  7. Love this colour, I'd love to try this brand!
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing lipstick, that packaging sound really nifty! I also love your watch :) x

    ReplyDelete