Welcome to my Blog!

SPRING LIPS AND NAILS IN THE DRUGSTORE

By 17:33 , ,

Barry M Lipstick in 151 - £4.49 // Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sorbet - £7.99 // Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Fuschia Libre - £7.99

This year I have been trying to re-use products which I already own instead of purchasing new ones. It's going pretty well, I think - so far this year I've managed to only buy one lip product from the drugstore and I honestly don't think I need any more for Spring, even Summer (although I might have to treat myself at some point, c'mon).

The Barry M lipstick is the perfect orange colour for this year. Think Mac Vegas Volt but with more orange. Shocker! The formula is slightly drying on the lips, but nevertheless a great price for a lot of pigment when you want big, bold statement lips. The Revlon Lip Butters and Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons are both much more moisturising although there's still no compromise on colour payoff. If I was to recommend any I'd probably say the Lip Butters as they have a much wider selection of shades although really, they are both very similar in terms of formula. 

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Papaya - £3.99 // Essie Nail Varnish in 'Bikini So Teeny' - £7.99 // Avon Nailwear Pro+ in 'Loving Lavender' & 'Pastel Pink' - £6 // 
Back to the good old pastels for nails this year, I'm afraid! Avon aren't strictly a drugstore brand (apologies!) but I absolutely love their varnish formulas, and sometimes you can pick them up for as little as £3 each. They have amazing staying power and don't peel off my nails at all. The Essie varnishes I find to be the most watery out of them all and sometimes I do need two coats, although he colour is so pretty for this time of year that it had to be included. Finally to my favourites - the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polishes. Amaze. Only one coat is needed to get an opaque layer and your nails easily look like they've been painted with real gel or by a professional. The £3.99 for these is definitely worth it, even if you don't buy the same colour!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. These look gorgeous! Especially in love with the Barry M polish
    Erin xx
    http://erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca/2014/03/products-ive-used-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like! I really like the look of the new Spring shades Xx

      Delete
  2. I am so keen to try the Revlon Lip Butters!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colours you have picked!! Love the Revlon Lip Butter and Barry M Gelly nail varnishes; been dying to try them x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :D Get them! (sorry not helping your bank balance) but they are lovely :D Xx

      Delete
  4. Ahh that Barry M lipstick looks amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't actually tried Barry M lipsticks I have only gone for varnishes so I definitely will now xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I've only actually tried the one but they are so pigmented :) Xx

      Delete
  6. The Barry M lippie looks lovely and a great dupe for Mac! Also loving those nail colours; the orange would look gorgeous with a tan! Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of Barry M Papaya! They don't sell Barry M products in Canada but hopefully they will soon. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope they bring them in soon, you're missing out! haha <3 Xx

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for a good orange lipstick for ages!! The barry m one looks perfect, and I've got on quite well previously with another one of their lipsticks

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pastel nail shades dear...n I need some "self-control" inspiration! I will try to re-use the stuff!! thx for the post dear <3

    www.beautynbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete