Welcome to my Blog!

THE FIVE WORD MAKEUP TAG

By 16:57

Bring on either one of my proudest achievements or one of my biggest blogging flops - we shall see! The first ever tag idea I have had sprang to mind recently and so I thought I'd give it a shot - if only one person does it then it's pretty successful to me. 



The idea behind it stems from product reviews - I find writing them to be a total pain in the bum and sometimes they seem so long, when the whole content of it could have been condensed to about a third and still say the exact same thing. So, basically...

  • List your favourite makeup products and describe why you like them in 5 words.
  • At least one product for each category: Eyes, Lips & Face 
  • Phrases such as 'high coverage' count as one word - if you were just to say 'high' it would be pretty vague and so use a phrase where you see fit, another example being 'Long Lasting' being one word. 
  • When you've finished the tag, tag 5 other people to take part! Let them know that they've been tagged, too. 


Eyes

Maybelline the Falsies Mascara - flared, non-clumpy, voluminous, separates, long lasting

Collection Fast Stroke Eye Liner - pigmented, easy (to apply), budget, long lasting, versatile brush

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - expensive, pigmented, good lasting power, pink neutrals, beautiful (sorry, I couldn't think of a fifth. I know that 'beautiful' probably isn't very helpful)


Lips
Revlon Matte Balm Stains - easy to apply, drugstore, matte, long lasting, lot drying

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick - matte, slightly drying, budget, VERY long lasting, pretty shade selection 

(Yeah, I really do like matte lips)

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Nudist' - "your lips but better", glossy, moisturising, everyday lip, not Sticky


Face
Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation - medium/high coverage, not drying, long lasting, illuminating,

MUA Powder Blush - budget (Only £1!), pigmented, long lasting, easy to wear, err...ideal starter product!

Bourjois Bronzing Primer - multi-purpose, contour, to darken foundation, glowing skin, not orange.


What do you think? I tag anybody who wants to do this to do it - It's a whole lot of fun! Also surprisingly difficult to explain why I like the products that I do like. It's so tempting to write 'it's just good!!'.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Fab idea Hun! I've tweeted it and will give it a go :) xx

    Lucy prettylittlethingsmcr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I will look out for it o:-) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a great tag, i'll definitely be doing this one! Just bought the Naked 3 palette and I love it as much as you!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just done the tag over on my blog! http://beautyblogjessb.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-five-word-make-up-tag.html Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea for a post! Loved your answers- i really want to buy the naked 3 palette as the colours are beautiful.

    Laura from www.whatlauralovesuk.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm glad you like it - I love my naked 3 palette! Xx

      Delete
  5. I really love this idea. I may do it soon, I may be cheeky and add nails too. If that would be okay.

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this tag! Definitely gona do it :) xox

    www.tartanbones.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! It is so concise. Will definitely try to give it a go X

    www.whatlouiseisloving.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea will give this a go :-D
    http://jenjbboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh thankyou! I have already done the Liebster award though o:-) Xx

    ReplyDelete