Welcome to my Blog!

BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET LIPSTICK IN 'PINK PONG'

By 09:36 , ,

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 'Pink Pong' - £8.99
I know, I know - a million reviews on the same lip product but I actually think that this is worth the hype. When the Revlon Matte Balms were released I thought 'wow!! The best matte lip product EVER!!!1!' but I'm now glad that I didn't insist on buying the whole collection. I love these so much more. After seeing so many bloggers sing their praises to these lipsticks I thought I'd give one of them go whilst the 3 for 2 was on, and boy am I glad I did. 

Pink Pong is one of six (I think) of the new Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick range available in Boots. There are two pink shades, two red shades and two nude shades available. There are another two limited edition colours available online at Very which don't hit stores until July. If that isn't tempting - I don't know what is. My poor savings!

The lipsticks appear glossy on the swatches and when first applied to the lips, although when they dry and when you purse your lips together they turn into a matte lip. These are successful where many other lip products fail because they can be layered literally, as much as you'd like, without it crumbling. I usually wear two layers when I apply it so that it's opaque all over - it still wears perfectly. 

Above all of this, I think the real reason why I love these so much is the lasting power. These last for hours without even budging. I usually blot it down when I wear it to the extent that I can't feel it on the lips any more and even then, it lasts for hours. I can eat, drink, whatever I like and it won't budge at all. It's so practical for wearing to College - being able to wear a bright lip without needing it to re-apply all of the time is literally perfect. I'll carry it around in my bag in case I need to re-apply it, but I doubt that I will. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ooh i love the look of these, Chloe! :)
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be picking this shade up soon, it looks so pretty. I bought a couple of these lipsticks a couple of weeks ago and I love them xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrancy of this lip colour!!
    Might have to go and check it out!
    xo Holly xo

    http://hollydolly88.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks lovely! I've been eyeing these lipsticks for a while

    ReplyDelete