Welcome to my Blog!

THE BEST FREE IPHONE APPS

By 08:27 ,


Enter the first picture of the new love of my life, mon iPhone. From the first touch in the Apple Store I knew that it would be mine forever, I promised to take care of it like a little baby, even though my screen protector is now full of bubbles. A week later and my iPad has been sadly left unused because, well, this has been getting all of the attention at the moment.

The one thing that bugs me about Apple products is the App Store. I refuse straight up to pay for an iPhone app. Never! (Although if anybody can suggest any paid apps which are worth the money, feel free to leave a comment). I constantly stroll through the 'Free' lists looking for what I can get my hands on without having to part with any money, and think I've come up with a pretty decent collection of freebies.

Social Networking
Bloglovin: C'mon, we all need this one. Just like the website you can easily read blog posts, find new blogs and keep up to date with your own followers. I've really grown to like the app because it works on even the slowest WiFi and it hasn't even been blocked on my school's WiFi server (I didn't say that). Also, if you don't follow me, you should. *plugplugplug*

Instagram: I absolutely love Instagram. It's like heaven for your eyes - there's pretty pictures everywhere and it's great for getting inspired for blog post pictures & makeup looks.

Twitter: I think this one goes without saying, but you need the twitter app if you use twitter. The app is easy to use and allows you to send tweets on the move, really easily.

Snapchat: Who doesn't love sending ugly pictures? Gone are the days where nobody knew what I looked like without makeup on - you could send the worst picture known to man and nobody would judge you, because it's snapchat.


Entertainment
The Simpsons Tapped Out: This game is SERIOUSLY addictive. Homer blows up Springfield and so you basically have to work on rebuilding the town. It's like FarmVille but in Springfield, and there's no annoying Facebook requests involved. That said, there are plenty of plugs to try and get you to spend money in-game, and if you do so, it's up to you, but you don't need to.

Crazy Taxi: I used to play this game on my PS2 all the time when I was little and I absolutely love it, I did a little squeal when the entire game was brought into the App Store for free. The graphics are exactly the same as before and so it's not the most advanced of games, but it's easy to pick up and fun to play. I might be a bit biased on this one, but I've managed to get all of my friends into it, so that's saying something. 

4od/iPlayer: There's nothing better than being able to watch some of my favourite TV programs whilst on the move. The advantage of using these programs is that you don't have to waste your memory having the individual programs saved to your memory (unless you wish to download them).


Magazines
ASOS Magazine: This magazine I only downloaded recently, but it's pretty good going for a freebie. You can get beauty inspiration as well as fashion inspiration, and even better, all of the items are available to buy from the one and only ASOS. Can things get any better?! 

Two Magazine: This is Pixiwoo's magazine and probably one of the best I've read. It takes such a different approach to what I'd usually read but I love how interactive the magazine is. You can get inspiration and advice from Pixiwoo themselves and from their special guests and interviewees, often beauty experts in the industry.


Health/Lifestyle
7 minute workouts (various apps): Sometimes I like to pretend that I do exercise, and this is perfect for when I do. They only take 7 minutes yet manage to really get your heart racing, perfect for people who really dislike getting out of my chair and moving yet still want to live a healthier lifestyle. 

MyFitnessPal: I don't use this religiously but it's definitely a good App. You can use it to monitor your calorie intake and whilst I don't really use it any more (if I eat over, I eat over!) it's fantastic for those on a diet. By putting in information about your lifestyle you can find out how many calories you should be consuming, and so you can tailor your eating to your lifestyle.


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I used to use MyFitnessPal as well but got tired of it! haha however I sometimes use it to find the nutritional value of some foods. :) xx

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with your choice in apps, love them all! 100% obsessed with Snapchat at the moment! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post on your favourite apps, turns out a lot of them are my favourite as well!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! I don't know what I'd do without them haha Xx

      Delete
  4. Thankyou! :D And I haven't used it for so long - oops! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaaaat I didn't know they had duped the Zara City! I have the Zara City in black but I'm definitely going to purchase this little beauty in navy! Beautiful. How is it inside? Great post xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem! ;) and it's nice! Really spacious and has a zip pocket at the side for phone/purse :) Xx

      Delete
  6. Aww thankyou so much! :) Of course I'll take a look :) xx

    ReplyDelete