Welcome to my Blog!

BARE MINERALS GET STARTED KIT

By 16:45

Bare Minerals Get Started Kit in 'Light'* - £39.00 (RRP £50.00)
I usually wear high coverage foundation, bright lips and lots of black eyelashes. At the moment though I'm going through a phase where I want to look more natural - I want to use makeup to enhance my features rather than to change them - so that I can look at myself and think 'wow, I don't actually look that different without makeup on!' (which, at the moment, is quite the opposite of what I think).
My motto with foundation has always been to be 'go hard or go home'. Since I started wearing makeup I've always used the higher coverage foundations - usually liquids too. Lets not talk about Dream Matte Mousse. Ha. I thought the Bare Minerals was a good kit to try - I've heard a lot about the brand and I wanted my first ever dip into the world of mineral foundation to be a successful one. 

The products in the starter kit are worth over £100 brought separately, and contains:
  • Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • Original SPF15 Foundations in Light & Fairly Light 
  • Warmth All Over Face Colour 
  • Original Mineral Veil Finishing Powder 
  • Full Flawless Face Brush 
  • Flawless Application Face Brush 
  • Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush  

The set has everything you need to cover your face (minus blusher, although I do quite like using the Warmth All Over powder for a nice glow instead), including the brushes, so you're all set to go once you've managed to get your hands on it.
I started off with the Foundation Primer, applying it all over my face and letting it sink in before choosing which original foundation shade - I find both Light and Fairly Light to be very similar and it appears that I can wear both of them, so no money lost in not being able to wear one. Also the Light one is ideal for the Summer where I need to try and pull off a slightly darker colour (but still not dark enough to justify it being 'a tan'). 
To use the powder you first need to open it and tip it into the lid, before swirling the brush in it, tapping off the excess and buffing it into the skin. I like to use the Full Flawless Face Brush for the foundation as the bristles are tighter so that you can get a heavier coverage and I also use the Max Coverage Concealer brush to apply the foundation as a concealer and go over my trouble areas.
The 'Warmth' All Over Face Colour makes a lovely contour product or alternatively, just a bronzer if used sparingly. It's so pigmented that you really need to be careful not too apply too much, although it does blend in lovely to the skin. 
I finished my face with the Original Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. All you need is a light dusting over the face to set everything in place and you're good to go. 

I'm actually so impressed with this. Unlike many liquid foundations it feels very light on the skin, almost like you're wearing nothing - but actually, it covers everything. With it being a powder I do have to go over my blemishes with more powder to cover it although the finish is priceless. I always thought that powder foundations would be too light for me although actually, I've been proved wrong. The set costs £39 from Chemist Direct, and considering that Bare Minerals is a high-end brand well known for it's mineral products, I don't think that's half bad at all. 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. That set looks so good! A great way to try lots of their products :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bare minerals and this kit started off that love. I've been using it for years now. Even when I am trying out different things bare mineral powder foundation is the one thing that I constantly repurchase.

    I hope you enjoy it :D

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adoooore bare minerals. It's absolutely amazing! I just recently repurchased and am going to start wearing it again for the summer. :) xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sets like these they are awesome! I buy skincare routines like this too, saves a lot of money xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! In it for the long haul these are :p Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya!

    I don't have dry skin but I could imagine it getting a bit flaky as it does sometimes on the tip of my nose when I have some flaky skin there, I'd probably go to a store and ask what they'd think!

    and thankyou! :D Xx

    ReplyDelete