Welcome to my Blog!

GUEST POST: MUST HAVE DRUGSTORE KIT

By 09:05 , , ,

Hello beauties, I'm Nia and I blog over at Style of Colours. Today, I'd like to share what I think is a must have drugstore kit. It doesn't matter if you use mostly high end products or drugstore products, these are a few products which I think any lady should own.



After moisturizing your skin, you need to use a primer to minimize pores and set the base for your foundation. A drugstore alternative for the infamous Benefit Porefessional is the Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser. For foundation, there are two I usually like to go for which is either the L'oreal True Match Foundation or the Maybelline Affitone Foundation. Both foundations have medium coverage and apply evenly. When it comes to concealers, lots of people opt for the Collection 2000 but seeing as we don't have that in Latvia, I like to use the Maybelline Fit Me. It is a creamy concealer which is great for under eye circles or covering spots. To set the base, the Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder is a great option as it controls shine and is available in translucent. If you don't have oily skin, I don't think it's necessary to use the powder.

A look is never complete without some contouring. For this, I think great drugstore products are the Bourjois Maxi Delight Bronzer and the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter. This will give you an amazing glow, which is something I love. For the rest of the face, I think it is ok to keep it simple for an everyday look by using a brow kit such as the MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit. I think filling in the brows is very important as it frames your face and totally changes your appearance. Another important product is mascara of which my favourite ever is the Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express. It adds volume while at the same time adding length which makes it perfect. To complete the look, I've picked the Revlon Colourbust Matte Balm in Audacious. It is a great colour which is really popular right now.

So how many of these products do you have in your collection?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I couldn't live without it x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lusted over that Bourjois bronzer for a while now, but I get the feeling it'll be far too dark for me
    Megan x | MeganRosinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the main problems with drugstore bronzer and pale people :( Xx

      Delete
  3. These products all look amazing! Have some of them and they're great - need to try the rest!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the set! It has made me want to branch out into different bare minerals products :-) Xx

      Delete
  4. I use it everyday! Love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete