Welcome to my Blog!

GUEST POST: US DRUGSTORE PICKS

By 16:19 ,


Hello everyone! My name is Allison and I blog over at www.Mercuteify.com . As I know a lot of you are from the UK and Europe, I thought I would put together the best of the US Drugstores. A lot of summer holidays are to be had, and if you are jumping the pond to my fair country you are going to want to pick up a few things.

Wet N Wild- Wet and Wild can be found in any drugstore and they are a fantastic place to start. Their eye shadow quality is amazing for the price so you should pick up a few palettes. The shadows are buttery smooth and most have great pigmentation. For $1 you can pick up single eye shadow squares, I love the color Nutty, but keep in mind not every drugstore will have the singles. For pallets of three pick up Walking on Eggshells if you prefer warmer colors, or Silent Treatment if you like cooler colors, the three shadow palettes are around $3. If you like neutrals in general the comfort zone palette is fantastic and comes with eight shades and they come in around $5. They also have a ton of brightly colored shadows that are available. I would generally stay away from their lipsticks, although they are very inexpensive, they are pretty drying and I’ve yet to find one that was comfortable to wear on its own.

Milani- Milani can be found in most grocery stores, and CVS, I’ve yet to see Milani in a Walgreens, but I don’t live in a big city. Prices for this brand really differ in my area and are a few dollars cheaper in the grocery store as compared to CVS. Their baked blushes are fantastic, and luminoso is a cult favorite for a reason! It is brightening and blends like a dream. The prices I’ve seen for these blushes range from $6 to $9 depending where you look. Milani Shadow Eyez are cream shadow sticks that are great on their own or as an eye shadow base. The color I love the most is Champagne toast, which is a lovely light pink. The Shadow Eyez are between $7 and $9.

NYX- I know that NYX is available outside the US but it is much easier to find here. For a full product line check out Ulta, but a limited product line is also available in some grocery stores and Target. NYX Eye shadow bases are pretty good, they don’t have the holding power of the Urban Decay Primer Potion but they will get you through the better part of a day. They are around $7 and come in three colors, white, skin tone, and pearl. I am pretty pale so the skin tone color is too dark for me, so I use white. NYX also has amazing choices for lip products. I’ve only just dipped my toes into their lip offerings and I’ve loved almost everything. The Butter Glosses are beautiful, comfortable, creamy, and smell like vanilla. I love Tiramisu and Vanilla Cream Pie.  Pretty much all of their lip products come in around $5. Their Pump it up Lip Plumper is super sheer, even for their colored options. It is a tingly feeling gloss that makes your lips marginally larger. I love layering this with other lipsticks. I know a lot of people like the Mega Shine Lip Glosses but I’m personally not a fan, they smell strongly like cherry flavored stomach medicine to the point that I can’t personally use it. If you aren’t sensitive to smell they are beautiful, shiny glosses. 



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm so jealous of America because they have amazing drugstore brands! My friend recently brought me back the Milani Luminoso blush from New York and I love it! I wish I could go to CVS and buy every single shade! x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely blush! I'd be buying in bulk if I went to the US haha Xx

      Delete
  2. Aww man, I wish we had easy access to all of this in the UK! love the post x

    Kate | www.beautiboe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete