Welcome to my Blog!

THE NEW BIRMINGHAM SELFRIDGES BEAUTY HALL

By 11:31

Saturday I took a break from revision and headed down for a day in Town (Birmingham) for a look at the new Beauty Hall. I've not kept it secret that I'm a lot more familiar with Boots and Superdrug than I am with any high end stores - I can tell you the price of probably any drugstore product off the top of my head but when it comes to Selfridges and Debenhams I have no idea - none whatsoever.

I didn't actually take any pictures whilst I was there (flashback to the time where I was taking photo of Debenhams for my ICT Project and got told off by the security guard... not happening again!) although I was given a tour of the hall by Rose and shown a whole load of the new (and old) stalls including Shu Uemura, Tom Ford and RMK.
One of our first stops were over to the Chanel Espace bar. I had no idea that anything like this existed - instead of spraying the testers onto your arm you can take a sniff of ceramic testers to get an idea of what it smells like on the skin without having to spray it yourself. Gone are the days where you've got a whole load of different scents all the way up to your elbows. The staff knew so much about the scents which they were selling too - the history of them all and everything, I was so shocked that there's so much background to them all!
We were also taken over to Jo Malone for a complimentary hand and arm massage - need I say more? It was lovely to try some of the coveted scents and oh boy, was it relaxing! The staff were all absolutely lovely and I actually felt quite drowsy on the way around town afterwards (how embarrasing!) as it was so theraputic.

I actually really enjoyed my venture into Selfridges - You can go in there and spend some quality time with a friend without spending a whole lot of money (although how many bbloggers will manage to do it without spending money, I don't know). It's definitely changed my thoughts and anxieties about high end beauty halls and I'm a lot more excited to go again.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. That looks amazing! I need to go to Birmingham soon, not been in forever.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever go to Selfridges, I really want to go to their beauty hall now!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the old Beauty Hall in Birmingham so am sure I will love the new one too! I need to take a trip there soon x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I wish I hadn't taken as long to go in :-) Xx

      Delete
  4. Love the Bullring Selfridges beauty hall but the last time I was there I was with a group of boys who wouldn't let me hang about :(
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no! Should have dragged them all around, I'm sure they would have loved it haha! ;) Xx

      Delete