Welcome to my Blog!

AVON ULTRA COLOUR LIPSTICK (NEW SHADES)

By 09:35 , , ,

Avon Ultra Colour Lipsticks
I actually like Avon's Lipstick a whole lot and I do think that they are quite underrated. There are a few new shades making their way into the selection soon so I thought that I would order a few samples to try them out. I love ordering the lipstick samples - they cost around 15p and they are so cute! Plus I rarely use up a full sized lipstick so it's ideal to buy smaller ones so that I can still wear the shade on a few outings but there's no commitment to keep on wearing it in the future. 

Bold Bordeaux: This is probably my favourite shade of the bunch. When I applied it I thought 'ooh, MAC Diva!'. I don't actually own Diva to compare but it's the same dark plum sort of shade which looks lovely in the Winter. It's very pigmented and easy to wear, too. 

Fearless Fuschia: This is probably the brightest pink which I have ever laid eyes on. Take a barbie pink and amplify it, many times. It's really nice, really really nice but even for me, it's probably a little bit too bright for everyday wear. 

Starburst Pink: I thought that this would be a nice everyday shade but it's actually very difficult to pull off. It kind of reminds me of a MAC Saint Germain shade - I don't own it so I don't know how well the two compare but it's a very light but vibrant, pink. 

Bright Nectar: I didn't think I'd get on with this but it's actually quite nice. It's not as bright as it looks in the catalogue - it's a peachy orange sort of colour and it's definitely in right now. It's not bright orange too, sort of muted and toned down slightly so it's a lot easier for people to wear and looks strangely nice with my pale skin. 

Bold Bordeaux - Fearless Fuschia - Starburst Pink - Bright Nectar
I feel like the swatches above are absolutely awful but the lighting on my iPhone just didn't want to be consistent (despite standing in the same place for each picture). Regardless, I think Avon have really hit the nail on the head with these new shades. I think I may pick up the full size of Bold Bordeaux as I did really want a dark shade for the winter other than the trusty Rimmel 107, and it saves me from forking out another £15.50 for a MAC Lipstick. They are all such bright and pigmented shades and glide onto the lips very easily, Well done Avon!


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Lovely shades, especially bright nectar - it's just the type of coral I would usually go for :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bright Nectar shade is gorgeous! The Starburst PInk is a similar shade to a MAC lippie that I have and I completely understand the 'difficulty' of such a pale pink. I find them very hard to get right.

    Effortlessly Excessive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I hadn't tried many that light before so I'm really starting to realise now haha <3

      Delete
  3. Bright Nectar looks lovely! They all do :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw they are gorgeous I didn't even know you could get samples..! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew Avon did lipstick samples earlier! The colours you got are gorgeous! x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the colors and I have a few Avon lipsticks my aunt gave me. My favorite is definitely Starburst Pink. By the way thanks for the link on twitter!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Starburst pink is lovely :-) xx

      Delete
  7. Bright nectar looks especially beautiful! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable shade of Fearless Fuschia
    amazing
    check out some likewise indian stuff and outfits at www.varietyhaat.com

    ReplyDelete