Welcome to my Blog!

BENEFIT GROOVY KIND-A-LOVE GIFT SET

By 10:19 , , ,


This gem of a set was from Kathryn at Effie Vanity (she has an amaazing blog, definitely a recommended read!). I've always been a bit of a benefit newbie - I've used the They're Real mascara but that's literally it. I admire all of their products from afar, the packaging is all so cute but I can't see the use in spending £23 on a blush (for example) when I could go to the MUA stand and by 23 different shades. 

The Groovy Kind-a-love set contains mini sizes of the Porefsssional, Dandelion & Gimme Fever blushers, Bene Tint, They're Real & Eyeshadows in 'Tickle my ivory, gilt-y pleasure, shimmer down and kiss me, I'm tipsy'. 

The Benefit Porefessional Pro Balm
I've wanted to try this for so long, although I'm so glad that I didn't go to buy the full size from Boots when I was considering it. To cover my nose and cheeks (where the biggest pores are) only the smallest bit of product is needed, meaning that even this mini should last for ages. It baffled me a bit on my first application because it actually comes out of the tube in a cream/beige colour but then changes to clear when applied. I really do like this - it makes the skin look literally airbrushed and looks amazing underneath foundation.

Benefit Benetint 
I've posted about a dupe of this before and if I'm honest, this has confirmed that they are very similar, but this is still a nice product. It has a lovely rose scent and leaves a natural flush to the cheeks, although you do need to blend it in very quickly to avoid a stain.

Benefit Dandelion & Gimme Fever Blush
Dandelion is referred to as being a 'brightening powder' in the tips and tricks booklet and it really hits the nail on the head. It's a subtle pink colour and the two colours combined add a lovely glow and highlight to the cheeks - definitely a product I'm going to be using a lot in the Summer. 

Benefit Eyeshadows
I'm sure I'd read a bad review about these eyeshadows somewhere before and so I didn't have high hopes, but I'm actually really pleased with them. They're neutrals which are very easy to wear everyday and gilt-y pleasure has become my go-to lid product. My one complaint with these and the blush is that they come without packaging so I have to keep the whole box (if that makes sense) until the empty pan palette I've ordered from eBay arrives. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I now have another Mini of my favourite mascara, hooray!. I can now deter from spending £20 on the full size for a while longer - it gives me the full, volumised lashes that I love so quickly. It's like applying three layers of a mascara all at once, it's so thick! That said, this is quite dry and so it tends to dry up in the tube pretty quickly which is a real shame. The lasting power on this is great too, which is quite rare as I have oily eyelids. 

Overall, there's not one product in this kit that I'm not impressed with. It's ideal to give to somebody as a gift (or for yourself) because they can try the products before they buy them, and you don't have the stress of having half-used full sized products in your makeup drawer either. 


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. What a great set :) I love Benefit.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They're such a cute brand Xx

      Delete
  2. I like the look of this kit! Bit of a pain them being attached to the box though, I'd prefer all products you can pull out! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo - I took them all out in the end and have put them in a separate palette from eBay! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love Benefit makeup but I always save my Boots points up for it rather than use money!
    Megan x
    MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! I've been wondering what to spend my boots points on... might wait to buy something from there :-) I always forget that they sell high end too! xx

      Delete
  4. I really love everything in this kit, the eyeshadow colours are all such gorgeous shades x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeshadows are all so wearable :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love it! There's such a range of products in there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything:)
    great post!
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete