Welcome to my Blog!

BIRMINGHAM JULY MEET

By 16:35

Photo from Katrina
On Saturday I went into Birmingham for a meet up hosted by Jess and Katrina. It was actually the first ever meet up I had attended so I was slightly nervous beforehand but I know Katrina from school so it was definitely comforting to go with a friendly face, as I arrived with Katrina and Jess. I need not have worried really though - everybody was so lovely that I wish I had started going to meet ups earlier. I've been missing out! 

I didn't take any pictures while I was there which I'm starting to regret as I'm writing this post with minimal pictures - at least I know for next time. The day itself was lovely - we all met by the bull and then headed over to the likes of Selfridges and Lush for some shopping until 4. It was one of those 'try and shop without spending any money' trips for me although I think it's just nice to enjoy the atmosphere, and I did buy a bath bomb from Lush to review soon. I bathe daily as I don't have a shower in my house so I'm really looking forward to using it and hopefully taking the boredom out of bathing. At 4 we all met outside of Pizza Hut for some food. I think I was a bit too excited about the fact that you can buy flavoured Pepsi/7up, I haven't been to Pizza Hut for years so it was nice to eat somewhere different for a change. There were also some wonderful personalised Marshmallows from Boomf (they all had 'Birmingham Blogger Meet' written on them, so sweet) and Macarons from Yipsy Macarons.
This was all followed by a chat from Becky about Harlequin Cosmetics - she did a wonderful job at showing us all the products. I'm a complete and utter scrooge and it's very rare that I'm sold on some products after just some words and a smell/swatch - I usually research products a lot more at home before making a purchase so that I'm sure it's a good buy (maybe I'm just makeup sales assistant resistant? Is that a thing?) but I really want to purchase some of the hand cream and soaps when I've come back from holiday. It smells wonderful!

Last up were the goody bags - I didn't really take a look at these until I got home but oh wow. (That's literally all I could say - Oh wow). Katrina and Jess clearly went to so much effort with these and I couldn't be more grateful - there's even a sheet with the names of all of the attendees on so that it's a lot easier to follow everybody after the meet.



Thanks again to Katrina and Jess for all of their effort in hosting the meet up. It was lovely to see so many bloggers in real life - thankyou to Char, Sam, Charlee, Zoe, Becky, Mish, Jemma, Ellie, Laura and Tasha for such a wonderful day!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I was supposed to go but couldnt in the end.. looks like you had a lovely day tho! :)
    Nicola x

    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this looks amazing I need to get myself to a meet up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd known about this as I don't live very far away from Birmingham! Looks like you had a lovely time xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Come to another one when there is one xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like such a good day! Wish I'd known about it before as I don't live too far from Birm and I'm new to blogging, so would have been nice to have met some other bloggers! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely time, you got some great goodies too x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I missed this meet up as I am a Birmingham blogger :(( definitely want to go to the next one!! Juts hope I find out about it beforehand this time!!

    lmatkins.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete