Welcome to my Blog!

FOTD: THE SUMMER FACE

By 10:38 , ,


At the moment I've been a bit stuck in terms of blogging - I'm trying to save money so hauls are non existent and I'm trying to make the most of what I brought. I've been trying to spice up my makeup collection a bit recently and changing up the products which I've been using, so I thought I'd show the products which I've been using to put together my face. 


I started off with the Bare Minerals 'Prime Time' foundation primer all over the face - I've been on a bit of a Bare Minerals hype after trying out the base starter kit (reviewed here), their products are so light on the skin, it's perfect for the Summer months where you don't want to be wearing anything too heavy. I followed this up with the Original SPF 15 foundation in N10, using the Bare Minerals Max Coverage Concealer Brush for a heavier coverage under my eyes, and the Full Flawless Face Brush for the rest of the face. I've been using the e.l.f Contouring Blush and Bronzer for my contour recently (with the RT contour brush)- I always use some sort of bronzer because it adds a nice glow to my skin and whilst this looks shimmery in the pan, it actually doesn't appear to transfer onto the skin. After this I like to set all of the powder and foundation with the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil. The final step for me for the base is to apply some highlighter - at the moment I've been using the Technic High Lights highlighter on my cheekbones, under the brow bone and also in the cupids bow. 

On a daily basis I tend to keep really simple with my eyes - I first do my brows using the MUA Pro-Brow Kit. I use the darkest shade although I do try to be quite light when applying it because my hair is gradually getting lighter as it's growing out - I keep having thoughts of mousy brown hair with dark brown eyebrows. Not good! For this look I only used mascara - I've been using the Eyeko Lash Curlers followed by the e.l.f Volume Plumping Mascara. I actually had a rant about how I didn't like this mascara when I first brought it although to say it's grown on me is an understatement. It sometimes can stay a bit sticky if it's applied to heavily but it's an ideal mascara for everyday use and it's nothing that a bit of translucent powder on the lashes doesn't fix. It gives my lashes volume without having to spend too much time applying mascara, I can't ask for much more than that! 

Of course, no face is complete without a lipstick of some sort. I went for the Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious in the end as I thought it was ideal for Summer although I did spend a good 10 minutes having a debate over whether to wear the shade Elusive instead. 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love the lipstick hun! 💕
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some lovely products and i love the lipstick!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lip colour, so beautiful on you! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely, the lip colour really suits you x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous still looks quite natural and lovely hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable makeup
    a well entertained choice of the MUA Pro-Brow Kit.
    looking forward for more
    check out some of the Indian outfits for aboad at www.varietyhaat.com

    ReplyDelete