Welcome to my Blog!

JUNE FAVOURITES

By 08:28 ,

This month has been a pretty hectic one for me - It seems so long ago but I actually had all of my exams for the first few weeks of the month. During that time and since then I've managed to stay alive, tidy my room, spend money (which I'm supposed to be saving), and book my first driving lessons. I'm shocked that so much has happened in this month because usually nothing of any particular interest happens! 


Smooch Operator Lip Butter Balm (Soap & Glory) 
This has been my saviour lip balm for the start of this month. My lips were so incredibly dry through the whole of exam season that any lipsticks were pretty much off limits for me. I needed to apply this several times a day. I don't want to be TMI or anything but in the morning I'd open my mouth and I could literally hear the sides of my mouth crack. Never in my life had I experienced dry lips like it, I literally don't know what I would have done without this! The only balm which actually soothes my lips for more than ten minutes, it's really thick and you can really feel it moisturising. 

Sleek Contour Kit
I've used this for what feels like months straight but it's definitely my favourite contour product to come from the drugstore. A steal at £10, it has a matte bronzer/contour colour, a blush in Rose Gold and also a highlighter. It has it's own mirror too so it's ideal for taking out on the go. I can't recommend it any more!

Technic High Lights
I feel like I talk about nothing else on my blog but this but honestly, I love it so much. It makes highlighter so easy and quick to apply - I like to put this on my cheekbones, under my brows and on my cupids bow. Basically, it's a lot like the Benefit High Beam but with a much smaller price tag. 

AVON SuperExtend Black Felt Tip Liner
I reignited my love for Felt Tip Liner after everybody ran out and brought the Eyeko Liners available in a magazine (Glamour? Cosmo? I can't remember - sorry!). I had an Eyeko Mini Liner sitting in my drawer and I dug it out, but actually it just seemed so much more dry than my AVON Liner. This liner is a bit on the smelly side but it's so so pigmented and it's also got amazing lasting power. It even stays on my oily eyelids. Hoorah!

MUA Pro-Brow Kit
This is another product I've been using and talking about forever but I literally haven't used any other eyebrow product this month. It contains three different shades to cater for different hair shades and also wax to keep hair in place. It comes with a brush and small pair of tweezers too (I take them out as I use my own) so you can literally buy this and have your whole brow routine sorted. Ideal for beginners! 


Primark Orange Bag
I featured this bag in my recent OOTD (here) and I've not stopped using it since. It isn't massive unlike most of my other bags so I can actually fit in the things I need and not have a lot of excess space. I usually wear plain colours (black/white/grey) too so I love this for adding a bit of colour to my outfit without being too bright and out of my comfort zone. 

I'M LEARNING TO DRIVE!?!1!
Just to clarify - I'm not listing the particular book as a June favourite but I am so excited to learn to drive! I'm a bit scared about starting, I can imagine myself as being one of those drivers who is too scared to move but I have my first lesson on Saturday and I can't wait to get the ball rolling. I've wanted to start driving since I turned 17 but I've been constantly putting it off, so here's hoping it all goes well!

I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella
Since I finished my exams I've had a lot of spare time so I thought I'd start reading some more books. I've had a few recommendations to read Sophie Kinsella's books and I'm really enjoying this so far. It's a nice easy read and it doesn't take too much effort - the ideal read for a holiday or something to settle down with before going to bed. I have the urge to buy more and more books, but I'm having to stop myself until I've actually finished this.

AVON Rose Gold Watch
I've wanted to buy a Rose Gold Watch for who knows how long - it's an absolutely gorgeous colour and I think that this colour sits really nicely against my skin tone. I'm a bit sceptical of buying from AVON as sometimes they sell jewellery in ridiculously large sizes (and I did actually have to have a few links taken off of this) and often don't look how I'd expect them to. This however, I'm absolutely smitten with - just me who thinks it looks far more expensive than £10?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I'm sure you will be a natural driver! I loved learning to drive. I really want to try that high lights as I love high beam but it is a wee bit pricey for me. x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely favourites, i also tried the Technic highlighter, and it really is exactly the same as high beam! Crazy x
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I haven't heard of technic before! Might have to check them out! x

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the smaller contour kit with just the bronzer and the highlight but I really want the blush too it looks so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I wish I had brought just the bronzer and highlight though as I do already have the blush on it's own :') xx

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your driving lessons! I've been putting them off too, I want to start but can see myself crashing or damaging the car :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the Sleek palette, the blush looks super pretty! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a gorgeous watch and sleek is one of my fav brands xxx

    ReplyDelete