Welcome to my Blog!

NUDE LIPS FOR FAIR SKIN

By 10:24 , , ,

Shades from Top-Bottom
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Notting Hill Nude' 
Barry M Lipgloss (No shade name)
S&G Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Nudist'
Mac 'Creme Cup'

Nude lips have taken the makeup world by storm recently with Kylie Jenner's lips suddenly making a more plump appearance. This trend excites me as they look so good on her, but I've spent so long trying to find the perfect nude lip as a teen that honestly, the thought makes me nervous. There's a fine line between nude and brown and I've crossed the line far too many times - I hope never to be told that I'm wearing poop on my lips again. Even if it comes into trend - I think I'll give it a miss.

Being so pale does undoubtedly make nude lips difficult - however I think I've found the perfect middle ground with these four shades. They are quite pink and so aren't the traditional beige nudes however they do look lovely and natural on the lips.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Notting Hill Nude'
This shade for me is right on the boundary - any more beige and it could be disastrous, but it's pretty nice with a slight tint of pink still in there. This is a bargain from the drugstore and the formula of these lipsticks are absolutely wonderful. The lasting power isn't fantastic but they are so moisturising on the lips, and with it being a nude colour you can afford to have it fade off - whether you decide to reapply it or not (I usually don't, I'm too lazy) it still looks fine, just a gradual fade.

Barry M Lip gloss 
Does anybody else remember when you could buy a tube of Impulse Body Spray and you got one of these for free?! Oh those were the days. There isn't a shade name on this gloss which is a real bummer although if anybody thinks that they know which this is then I'd really appreciate a comment! Barry M's glosses are winners for me - they are a reasonable price and they aren't sticky too. There's no glitter or shimmer in this gloss, just a nice nude coloured shine.

S&G Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Nudist'
Nudest is the perfect 'Your Lips But Better' colour for me. It is a subtle balm/gloss which adds a lot of shine with a slight tint of pink on the lips. Again, the lasting power isn't absolutely amazing on this but I do think it makes up for it with how moisturising it is, and how easy to wear it is. This is probably my favourite for achieving the full lips look - I do have really small lips but this makes them look a lot more plump (not as much as Kylie's, obviously. That lip change is just crazy)

Mac 'Creme Cup'
Creme Cup is one of the traditional pink shades from Mac I think - It looks wonderful on pale skin. I've been in two minds as to whether this is really a 'nude' or not - it's so pink that it's debatable but regardless, it's a lovely everyday shade. It's a Cremesheen finish so the lasting power isn't the best, but it's lovely and moisturising on the lips and doesn't dry them out in the slightest. Creme Cup is more of an investment piece compared to the other at £15.50, but it's one of my all time favourite lipsticks and definitely worth it if you feel like a treat.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. The mac one is such a pretty shade - and the kind of colour you can wear all year for so many diff occasions!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these! Im actually wearing Nottinghill nude right now!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing Notting Hill Nude! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Love these! Great post :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Creme Cup, it suits my pale skin down to the ground xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an Estee Lauder Crystal Baby type of gal when I'm after a nude lip but I'll definitely need to keep an eye out for these!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creme cup is so lovely, really want to try the sexy mother pucker as well! Great post x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creme Cup is really beautiful, so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAC Creme Cup looks like the perfect nude colour x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those shades!! The MAC one is my fave.. It looks matte though? I use the MAC Lustre in See Sheer.. it gives a nice shine :)

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete