Welcome to my Blog!

AUGUST FAVOURITES

By 10:41
























This month I think has actually been a pretty long month. I know that's a total contrast to what I usually say but I've done so much in 30 days that I can't actually believe it. I've been to Paris, celebrated my birthday, been to Summer in the City, and that was all within 10 days. I always need time to recharge after going out so I decided that I'd have a chill out for the rest of the month. I had another stressful day come results day, but everything worked out fine in the end and I got a Distinction*, A & B! I think there's such a long gap between taking the exams and receiving the results that I'd kind of forgotten that they were actually the grades I'd received and not just luck.

My Paris trip of course included lots of beauty buying, and two products of which have made it's way into my monthly favourites. First up is the Bioderma cleansing water - I can completely see where the hype comes from regarding this. It's a lot less expensive to buy in Paris so I brought some while I could, and it's awesome! It's a lot softer than the L'Oreal and Garnier cleansing water and literally feels like you're using water. I never usually look forward to taking my makeup off but I actually quite look forward to taking it off now. I've also been really liking the Sephora Matte Lip Cream in 01. 01 is a 'must have red' according to the likes of Amelia and Lily and I knew that if I made only one purchase from Sephora, it had to be this. I haven't been let down either, it barely transfers as it dries so matte and it lasts on the lips for absolutely ages. I do find that I have to reapply more often than the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets as it comes off the softer parts of the lips a lot more easily.

Sticking with the lip product hype, I've also really been liking the Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in Bold Bordeaux and the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 08. The Avon Lipstick is the perfect berry shade for Winter - it's a lot less expensive than the likes of Mac but there's a lot of colour pay off, and the balance between lasting power and moisture is just right. The Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick is a nude/mauve sort of colour and it's a perfect nude for wearing on an everyday basis. It's not really what I'd consider the typical 'your lips but better' colour as you can definitely tell that I'm wearing something although at the same time, it's just very wearable.

The Anastasia Brow Wiz has been another product that I've been really liking using this month - It makes my brows look so natural, using small strokes imitates hairs so that I can easily fill in and extend my brows slightly to get a thicker look. I've never been able to change the shape of them whilst maintaining a natural look, and this is literally the best for it that I've tried so far. I've also been enjoying using the Glo Minerals Blush in 'Bare'* - I've spoken about this before here and so I won't go into it in too much detail, although I really think I've managed to find my 'staple' blush here.

I don't think I mentioned on my blog that I had my hair cut although I did tweet and instagram about it once I'd had the chop. I love my new hair although I do think I need to style it more as it can easily look dull and lacklustre. The Charles Worthington Texturising Spray is great for getting a back-combed effect, minus the hair damage. I also like to use the Got2b Texturising Salt Spray to give my hair a messier appearance. I must say, I've been really liking using the two and it gets rid of the need for me to straighten my hair, which is great, both for speed and hair quality.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Fabulous Post! I love the Got2B range and I'm interested in trying the Anastacia products too : )) x CaledonianKitty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try Bioderma but didn't know that they were that different sounds fab! xx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like using the got 2 be salt spray rather than straightening my hair too, as it give my crazy hair a bit of style! Well done on your grades!

    India /Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that texturising spray too I featured it on my blog not too long ago x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your marks! I really want to try the brow wiz, really need something more natural for my brows. Great faves! :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your exam results! You've got some great favourites. I really want to try the Bioderma & Anastasia Brow Wiz. I want to see the true shades rather than ordering online as I find brow products can pull too auburn on me. Xx

    whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :-) And Definitely, I think I'd have brought one a lot sooner if I could try in store xx

      Delete