Welcome to my Blog!

NV COLOUR COSMETICS

By 09:58 , , ,


NV Colour Cosmetics have come onto my radar recently as a result of other bloggers and I've been really interested to give them a try. When I was offered the chance to try out some of their products I was over the moon to see what the hype was all about and so I thought I'd give some of their eye products a shot.

I actually really like both of the Eyeshadows - there is definitely an aurora of Mac about the packaging. They're plain, simple and compact and they're ideal for travelling. Also once it has been opened you can easily lift the eyeshadow up to reveal a small mirror and brush. The brush is very small and spongy and so I probably won't use it but if you're travelling lightly and didn't want to pack a brush then it's ideal. The shades which I picked were Aubergine and Coral. Aubergine is a slightly shimmery grape purple shade - it's not a shade I'd wear alone but I always find that purple is nice alongside a smoky eye to add a bit of subtle colour. Recently I've been wearing the Coral shade as an everyday shade after a bit of inspiration from Lily Melrose. I do have to be quite light handed to avoid bright orange eyelids but a light wash of colour makes the lids look really nice, and the shimmer is also quite light and sometimes not visible when applied lightly. The lasting power on the eyeshadows I'd say was pretty average - not awful but I do think it's in proportion to the price paid. 

The gold glitter pot was something else which I really wanted to try as I've not really got many loose glitters and thought it was quite a versatile product, it makes it very easy to change a day look into an evening look. The glitter is very finely milled and as a result it can be quite messy - I always make sure to have a tissue around because it goes everywhere. That said it applies nicely and does look bright once it has been applied. The one thing with this glitter pot which really confused me is that it looks silver in the tub - you can see little pieces of gold but really, it looks silver. When applied to the face it still looks like a mix between gold and silver so it's definitely worth something considering in case you were specifically on the hunt for a gold glitter but if you can cope with it being silver, it's a nice product. There's also a brush tucked inside the lid of the product and I do quite like it - it's soft and makes applying the glitter easy. Removal of the glitter was also pretty easy with the help of Bioderma - I'd imagined it being really difficult to remove like nail varnish was, but it actually wasn't. 

Generally speaking they are really nice products - I think they're good for the price and I do really like the glitters. In terms of the eyeshadows themselves, they're nice for the price but I don't think it's a competitor with high end shadow if I'm honest. It really does depend what you want - if you're looking for a more budget friendly set of bright eyeshadows which are easy to put in your makeup bag then this is probably ideal. 


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Lovely shades, especially the glitter one :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shades but not sure if there/s enough pigmentation for me! I would like to try them out though! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous for the price, such pretty aesthetics xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are nice for the price! (Haha, that rhymes) xx

      Delete
  4. These look lovely & the packaging is cute too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging! It's so practical with the brush and mirror underneath :) xx

      Delete