Welcome to my Blog!

POND'S INSTITUTE SKINCARE

By 17:18 , ,

Ponds institute is a brand which I'm not really familiar with, yet it has been around since 1907 and is readily available in stores such as Boots, Superdrug and Tesco. When I found out how affordable the products were I were delighted to give them a try as I'm always on the hunt for new products which are good, but still within a student budget. 

Ponds Institute Cold Cream* - £4.57
The Ponds Institute Cold Cream is a wonderful product - It's a multi purpose product which can be used as the following: Cleanser, Moisturiser, Face Mask, Hand Cream, Highlighter or to set your Eyebrows. I've been loving using it as a cleanser - I do like to take my eye makeup off separately with this although it's so smooth and thick when applied that it feels like your skin is having a real deep cleanse. Another reason for liking it is that it doesn't foam on the skin, so it's a whole lot less drying. The scent of the cold cream is really pleasant, which of course is another advantage when looking for skincare. I can't put my finger on exactly what it smells like but it's nice, not alcoholish in the slightest. With the Cold Cream being so thick it makes a wonderful moisturiser and/or face mask - it's so thick that it will be ideal for the winter months when the skin becomes more dehydrated as a result of the cold. The same applies for hand cream - I have really dry hands naturally and so hand cream is a daily staple for me, but with this being so thick it does give them a real good moisturise. Admittedly, it feels slightly strange putting the same product onto my hands and face, but I'm pretty sure that that will subside with time. 

Pond's Institute Eye Contour Cream* - £7.99
The Pond's Institute Eye Contour Cream is another product which I've been using lately. I admittedly don't use Eye Creams very often as I find them quite difficult to pick up in the drugstore although this is really nice. When I've used this my eyes have been feeling nice and refreshed the next day, it really hits the nail on the head for a basic eye cream and it's definitely worth it's price tag. One thing I did pick up on though is that you need to be careful - if you use too much and get it in the eyes it can be quite irritating. I definitely think hayfever worsened the pain for me and probably made my eyes a lot more sensitive than they usually are - but it's always something worth considering. I think the key is to use the product sparingly, and to apply it around the eyes rather than going over them. 

Have you used Pond's Institute products before? What do you think of them? :) 



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've been hearing really good thing about Ponds lately, definitely a brand I will be trying soon!

    Jessica Mal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I wish i'd known earlier xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying out these two products as well. I love how refreshing the eye cream feels & the cold cream is such a great multi-use product! (:

    L x

    www.loulabeth.co.uk // bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete