Welcome to my Blog!

THE TOP 10 TAG

By 11:18 ,
















I haven't done a tag post for a long long time and so the Top Ten tag came around just in time. The lovely Becca and Lola both tagged me to do it and it was made by Jess, so thank you all! I didn't realise how difficult it would to choose just one product from each category, although it's definitely given me a better idea of the products which I will be repurchasing and which I won't.

The people who I'd like to tag to do this are...
1 Megan at Thumbelina Lillie
2 Frankie at Crazyblondegal
3 Kia at Kia Make Me Up
4 Beth at MissBeautyObsession
5 Alex at Cats & Vodka

Foundation
The Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation is definitely a cult product for me. It's the lightest coverage I've ever worn (but still a light/medium I'd say) and it does a great job at evening out the skin tone. Sometimes I will need a bit extra concealer on the massive spots but as somebody who doesn't suffer with them majorly (just the occasional one) it's sufficient. It feels like you're wearing almost nothing and it's quite yellow toned which is great for warming up the skin.

Powder
The BareMinerals Original Mineral Veil is a clear powder which does a great job at setting my foundation. It removes any oil although doesn't add to the coverage which is nice, sometimes I wonder whether I'm actually applying any product because I just can't see anything. This is nice but as it's quite expensive (and is basically just a clear powder) I'll probably repurchase the Rimmel Stay Matte powder when this runs out instead. I know that mentioning two products is technically cheating (oops!) but I do love the two equally and always think it's worth mentioning affordable products.

Concealer
For this category I chose the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. The coverage on this is awesome and it has been likened to many high end concealers. At £4 you can't really go too far wrong with this!

Blush
The Glo Minerals Blush in 'Bare'* is my current favourite - I've been using this ever since I was sent it and I haven't looked back since. I think it makes my makeup look a lot more sophisticated in oppose to my usual choice, a coral/orange blush. I'm pretty useless at talking about this blusher as all I want to do is mention how nice it looks, but seriously, it's just so nice.

Bronzer
The Bourjois Bronzing Primer is a really easy to use product. It's great for cream contouring and for generally adding colour to the skin - and it smells delicious. Just like chocolate.

Highlighter
My FCUK Highlighter has been in my drawers for almost too long although I am a huge highlighter fan and I love the rose tint in this. I've got no other pinky highlighters and I think it does so much more to the face than a white highlighter does. It almost makes the skin look more bronzed as it adds more of a natural glow.

Mascara
I can't get enough of the Benefit They're Real Mascara. It gives me all of the volume which I want in a mascara but in about two coats rather than the 5/6 coats I would use with another mascara. It's expensive product but there seems to be mini versions of it available left right and centre nowadays, in beauty boxes and so on. I'm on my third mini-tube now!

Eye-shadow
This was a difficult category for me although I eventually settled on the Kiko Colour Shock Eyeshadow in 100 Innocent Rose. This is such an easy to wear colour, I put it on my eyelids daily - it's nice and subtle so not much precision is required, literally a swipe and go product. I usually go for bronze cream eyeshadows on my lids so it's a nice change to use a much more natural looking colour.

Brows
The Anastasia Brow Wiz is a fairly new product for me although I knew that I loved it as soon as I tried it. The spoolie on the end is great for neatening out the eyebrows beforehand and then you can go on to use the pencil. Using the pencil in small strokes imitates the look of hairs and so looks a lot more natural than a typical brow product.

Lip Product
The Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 08 is literally my go to right now - It's a nude/mauve colour and looks absolutely wonderful on pale skin. I've been wearing it alongside the Glo Minerals blush that I mentioned earlier and I absolutely love the two of them together. I think the Lasting Finish formula in general is wonderful - it's nice and moisturising but also still applies evenly and smoothly without being streaky.


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'd definetly pick the bourjous healthy mix foundation too! Its a lovely foundation!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still really want to try the healthy but when my skin clears up as it's pretty bad at the mo, you defo can't go wrong with kate moss lippys xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag!
    The Kate Moss lipsticks are such gorgeous colours - I have three now and want some more!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag! Might do it myself soon. I really like that concealer as well! :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Bourjois foundations <3 x

    ReplyDelete