Welcome to my Blog!

WHAT I GOT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

By 10:34


I decided that I would do one of these blog posts far before my birthday - I'm so nosey I absolutely love looking through them. Christmas is pretty much heaven with all of the 'What I got for Christmas' posts, wouldn't you agree? This year was my 18th birthday and I've been absolutely spoilt rotten. I kind of feel a bit guilty for uploading this because I feel like I've received so many gifts that I'll look like I'm showing off, but I'd really like to disclaim that I'm not doing it to brag but to say a huge thankyou to everybody (and also so all of the nosey people like me can have a look!). 


Back in about April time I asked my Mum if I could have an iPhone as an early birthday present. I've been wanting an iPhone for years and my Blackberry was pretty much at the end of it's life - the battery was awful and the internet didn't work properly, despite the fact that I was paying £10 a month or something odd to use it. I calculated all of the costs and worked out that it would be cheapest for me to buy it on Pay as you Go and then use a GiffGaff sim for calls/texts/internet etc. As a result of this I was expecting that to be like my only present from her although she made me the wool-wrapped 18 sign (top photo), brought a couple '18' presents for the memories and also a gorgeous Pandora bracelet. From my Mum's friend I received a gorgeous silver-plated necklace from Next, and also a MAC voucher from my Auntie to buy one of their 90 minute makeup lessons. I'm so excited to use this as I've always wanted to do something like this to get a better idea of how to wear my makeup (and you get the £50 cost back in products!). 


My friends also decided that this year they would all put together for birthday presents as everybody was 18 and it would be a nice treat. Katrina actually picked out and brought most of my gifts and I think she has done an absolutely wonderful job. Every present I opened I was like 'omg!! the highlight of the box wow look!'.. until I opened the next one. Inside there was a pair of knitted socks - they're so warm, I can't wait to wear these in winter! Also some cans of Malibu & Coke (my favourite drink), Lauren Conrad Beauty, Lush Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb, some iPhone cases and also some makeup bits. I chose out the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 08 for myself - I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it on the internet as it's a gorgeous mauve/nude colour and so different to anything that I already own. There was also a Kiko Colour Shock eyeshadow in Innocent Rose - I can't wait to try this as I've never used anything from there before and it is quite difficult to get hold of in Birmingham. Also I got Anastasia Brow Wiz which I've been wanting to try for ages. I wasn't expecting this at all and I was so shocked when I saw it, I can't wait to use it!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Aw your mum is so cute making that 18 sign for you, its so pretty! Happy birthday xx
    Katherine Rosie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She said he was making me something but I didn't know what it was. I love it! x

      Delete
  2. You got some gorgeous things, hope you had a wonderful day :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday lovely you got some really gorgeous bits, it's my 21st in november but have no idea what I want xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh happy birthday in advance! Get looking ;) haha <3 xx

      Delete
  4. The woolly 18 is such a cute idea - and you got so many lovely bits :) The Lauren Conrad book is amazing btw! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! And I can't wait to get reading it :D <3

      Delete
  5. I love reading posts like this - I actually can't wait till Christmas just to see all the "What I got" posts. I love everything that you got! I hope you had an amazing birthday x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful time of year! And I did, thankyou! <3 x

      Delete
  6. The Anastasia Brow Wiz is such a cult product now! I'm going to have to try it out myself, see what the hype is all about!

    www.floraandflynn.com
    X

    ReplyDelete