Welcome to my Blog!

A DAY IN PARIS

By 17:42


This year I spent my Birthday in Paris - Paris was somewhere I had always wanted to visit but I've never really travelled out of the UK, with the exception of a holiday to Spain last year. As we wanted to keep things simple we booked a coach journey to get us there and back. On the Friday we endured our first 12 hour journey which was very exciting. I thought it would be really boring but it actually went a lot faster than I had expected, I took two books and a magazine to read but didn't even touch any of them!

On Saturday we were taken on a coach into the centre of Paris - it was a wonderful day as we got to see everything that we wanted and also take plenty of trips into Sephora and the Pharmacies (typical). It was a long day I must admit - the coach didn't take us back to the hotel until 10pm so we spent a whopping 12 hours there. I feel like I should point this out for anybody who is planning a trip to Paris - use the toilets at every possible opportunity. They are sparse and also busy. Saturday for me was a priceless experience, everywhere in Paris was so so pretty and it was also a shock how different the traffic was on the roads. All of the main sights were in walking distance of each other which was great - some of them were a longer walk than others but I'm really glad that I didn't have to attempt using the metro.

On Sunday we had another 12 hour journey back home - I actually felt quite ill on the Sunday and I had just assumed that it was travel sickness and so I put up with it as much as possible. I went to the Doctors on Monday and it turned out that I actually had tonsillitus - I felt awful but it was just a relief that I didn't feel so ill on the Saturday. We didn't get home until about 9:30pm on Sunday but it was so nice to be in my home, even the cat jumped up the window when she realised that we were back (well, we like to think that that's why she did it).

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time and what a fab way to spend your birthday :) Paris is my all-time favourite city, I just love it there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I would love to go back :) xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had such a nice trip! It must be such a dream to spend your birthday in Paris! X

    Tania | thearistochats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow amazing! I have always wanted to go, even for just a day, shame about being ill hun but lucky it was when you returned xxx


    Blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it! And I know - I didn't mind really just because it wasn't when I was there. xx

      Delete
  4. Ah, it looks lovely! I went to Paris a few years ago and really want to go back - just to wear a big floppy hat!
    I hope you are feeling better!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a great time!! I went to Paris a few years ago and I loved it, the city is so beautiful! x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I'm so jealous! I really want to visit Paris! I'm glad you had a good time and I hope you're feeling better! :)
    untitled&unfinshed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to go there this summer? Have you visited any unusual or not that known places in Paris that you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete