Welcome to my Blog!

EASY HOME DECOR: FLOWERS

By 15:17


I've never really had a 'Pinterest' worthy bedroom or anything like that. To put it bluntly, I own too many things and too little storage. Once I had gotten around to painting my bedroom I decided that I wanted to make everything look a little bit nicer. Nothing too extraordinary, but just something that will make it look a little more pleasant to be in, and occasionally to photograph. I feel like the TV wires kind of ruin it, but well, what can I do about a bedroom that I (almost) live in, eh? 

The favourite decoration which I made/brought for myself was this jar of flowers. The jar which I used was an old mayonnaise jar with some leftover ribbon tied around, so no expenses there. I brought artificial red roses from the range for £4.99 - I thought they were absolutely gorgeous and as they're artificial, they'll last forever. I finished it off with some sticks with fairy lights attached from Pound Stretcher for £1.99 - these were such a bargain! They're battery operated although the battery-holder-thing is easily hidden behind the jar. 

These flowers have totally changed the look of my room. My drawers no longer look cluttered even though there's the same amount of things on there - I think the flowers grab my attention so that everything else doesn't look quite so bad. Shops such as The Range, Dunelm Mill sell such a vast selection of flowers that there's something to suit every colour scheme. Definitely something to check out, I think!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Such a great idea and they look so pretty! x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! Inspired me to go and visit Dunelm Mill and spritz up my surroundings ♥

    http://likecubed.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous I am on the hunt for some fake flowers as I can't afford to keep buying the real deal, just such a day brightener too xx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I had never realised fake ones ere so affordable in the long run xx

      Delete
  4. Gosh, those roses look totally real! I didn't realise they were fake until I read that they were >.< I love fake flowers as decor. I just bought a cute little victorian glass bottle which I'm going to use as a vase for a couple.

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do you think? That will look so lovely!! Xx

      Delete