Welcome to my Blog!

DRUGSTORE BORDEAUX LIPS

By 12:04 , , ,


My favourite months of the year are approaching and I'm finally allowed to dig out the Bordeaux and Plum coloured Lipsticks. I find that some lipsticks can be quite frustrating when they're dark, as moisturising lipsticks tend to slide everywhere. That said, I think I've found three which last well and don't annoy me too much.

Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in 'Bold Bordeaux'
This is a new addition to Avon's Lipsticks and one of my favourites so far. It's very pigmented and quite moisturising, yet matte enough to stick around on the lips instead of sliding all over the place. It's almost like they're got the balance just right, and I really do like it. Not strictly drugstore although I managed to pick this up for about £4 as Avon often have offers and such on - without question it's a drugstore price and a good product for what you pay.

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107 
I won't talk about this for too long, as well, who doesn't know this Lipstick? A lovely matte plum colour which lasts all day easily on the lips. A complete bargain for the price, wonderful quality and something that I would most definitely repurchase if I had to.

MUA Power Pout in 'Crazy in Love'
This is the less intense of all options and is more of a balm pencil. You get a good amount of pigment on the lips although it's not 'too much'. With it being so moisturising it comes off quite quickly although as it's a pencil it's very easy to reapply on the go. Definitely a recommendation for people just starting to wear darker colours, and an absolute steal at only £3.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ive not tried Avon lipsticks before but this sounds fab - I deffo will!!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Avon colour, such a perfect shade for autumn! x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab to learn about the avon and MUA, both brands I haven't really got much from despite their popularity which is CRAZY xx

    blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, Rimmel 107. Can we throw a parade for that lipstick? It's seriously worthy. I was at the Armani counter the other day with it on and the salesgirl was like who makes that lipstick? Nars? Tom Ford? I'm like nope, Rimmel! Ha ;)

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete