Welcome to my Blog!

ONE TO LAST - DOROTHY PERKINS VIA HOUSE OF FRASER

By 11:12 ,

Dorothy Perkins Double Tab Satchel* - £28 (reduced to £19.60) via House of Fraser

If there is one thing that I refuse to keep quiet, it's my love for Primark - a lot of their products offer fantastic value for money and I can buy many items of clothing which I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford from other shops. That said, there is one product type for me which does let them down. Bags. Well, their underwear and socks seem to develop holes really quickly too, actually, but their bags often end up disappointing me. The main problem is that they look absolutely gorgeous, although in terms of school/university, they just don't have the durability and always seem to break after a couple of months of use. 

That is exactly why I tend to invest in bags from other stores when I plan on using one often and carrying around books in it. I've had one from Accessorize previously which I've used for over a year (and is still going strong), although I felt like it was time for a change. This Dorothy Perkins satchel is perfect - it suits all of my clothes wonderfully due to the simple colours, and it's just big enough to store all of my books. The size is in the middle - it's not tiny but it's definitely not huge either, I really can't afford to over-pack which I actually see as an advantage as it hurts my shoulders less. I love the satchel look which it has and the black outline, it makes it look so sophisticated, simple and sleek.

When I received this bag to review I thought it was great value for money at £28 - only to find out it had been later reduced to under £20. Bargain or what!!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This would be the perfect bag for uni...look at all those compartments! An organised person's dream...or perfect for handbag hoarding (guilty!)

    Lovely review,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love that it has a zip and a fold over so I don't have to worry about people sneaking their hands in either lol xx

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about Primark, I always think I'm getting a good deal but the quality always lets me down. This bag is gorgeous and still a really good price!
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what always happens! I think they're ok for weekend bags but for daily bags it just doesn't cut it. It's not that much more expensive than primark to be fair, if you think about it! <3 xx

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! There's no way I could do that - I should probably try it but it's difficult when it's near to my uni haha! Glad you like it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This certainly looks like a lovely, strong and durable bag and like you say, it should go with lots of different outfits :)

    Miss Beauty Saver / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a gorgeous bag! I would love one like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this bag, the colors and style are just perfect! It's amazing you got it for under £20. I agree about Primark bags too, they're not durable enough for uni!

    www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete