Welcome to my Blog!

REAL TECHNIQUES COMPLEXION SPONGE

By 11:09 , , ,

real-techniques-complexion-sponge-review
  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge* -£5.99

If I'm being honest, I've never really been one to use a sponge to apply my foundation. I had used sponges a few times when I first started wearing foundation (I didn't know what a brush was at this point), although other than that they've never really had much appeal.

Once I had applied to become a beauty product tester I was over the moon to discover that they had sent me a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to review. Real Techniques have never let me down in the past and so I was pleased to be able to try something completely new.

The sponge itself sells itself as being a '3 in 1', it has a flat edge to contour around the eyes and nose; the side to blend large areas of the face, and the tip which concentrates the product to cover imperfections and blemishes. I don't usually get much use out of the tip as I don't really find it gives enough coverage to not need a concealer, although I can't deny that the sponge is fantastic for blending. I never thought I'd say that I preferred it to a brush although I do at the moment, I have a lot of trust in it as I often end up doing my makeup in very poor lighting in the mornings although it never seems to leave me looking patchy or cakey. I've been using the sponge alongside the Avon ideal flawless coverage foundation and it makes me skin look lovely and glowy. I don't think the foundation or the sponge get enough love in the blogging world! 

Washing the sponge is a different process to washing brushes - I've been using solid soap which I think is the correct way, although if anybody has any alternative suggestions then please let me know!

product-testing-beauty-blogger

Have you tried the complexion sponge? What did you think? :)


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try this sponge for a while but wasn't sure if it was worth it! From what you said, it seem pretty good though! x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend, I feel like the price is middle ground but I do like it! Xx

      Delete
  2. I've got this sponge and at first I was like you and really didn't see the appeal but it's actually really useful. I don't use it to apply my foundation but I do love it for going over everything and blending around my nose for example where a regular foundation brush just isn't going to reach. Great review!

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried the Real Techniques one, but I love my Beauty Blender! I think it really makes a difference to how your foundation looks xx
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try out this for a long time! I will definitely give this a go :) I used the beauty blender before but this one seems like you have more control for application

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the look of it! I have never tried a beauty blender - it seems so expensive! Xx

      Delete
  5. I must pick this up, i love the sound of it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sponge to much, I hardly use my brushes now for foundation :)

    xolucy.blogspot.com :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are so cute, lovely post darling :)

    http://tilililly.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this sponge recently and have been loving it too :). It gives a lovely flawless finish and blends concealer beautifully with my base. I have been using it with my Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinited Moisturiser. I like the idea of using a solid brush soap. I have been using baby shampoo, but don't think that is the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this sponge but I don't feel like it gives me enough coverage, it just comes out every now and then to help with blending x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? It is good for blending, I find for coverage it is just enough (although I don't wear that much!) xx

      Delete
  10. This is probably my favourite beauty thing I've bought all year, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I didn't even think about dupes - that could be great to save some money! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always been like that too to be honest - although I think ive been wrong! Xx

    ReplyDelete