Welcome to my Blog!

BOXING DAY/JAN SALES HAUL

By 13:13

Who can resist the sales? Definitely not me. Me and my mum are just as bad as each other - we have been three days in a row to different shopping centres to try and make the most of the reduced prices. That said, I think I've been pretty good this year, I actually came home one day in profit as I returned a bag which I'd changed my mind about and didn't buy anything. My mum buys mostly presents for other people (in preparation for birthdays/christmas) whereas I use the sales as an opportunity for a treat - things that I want but wouldn't pay full price for. 

Victoria's Secret Tartan Dreamer Flannel PJ's - £23 RRP. £49
I went into Victoria's Secret on the off-chance, the store in Birmingham had only just opened so I didn't think that they would have a sale on. But lone behold, they did! I didn't expect these pyjamas to be in the sale either - I had put them on my festive wishlist previously and I promised myself that I would buy them one day for a treat. I wasn't expecting to buy them yet although as they were half price I thought they were just too good to miss out on. I absolutely love tartan! I also picked up two pairs of underwear as they were £5 each (reduced from £12) although I didn't photograph them. 

Accessorize Sterling Silver Ring - £5 RRP £10
Birmingham is lucky enough to have two Accessorize stores, and of course, I went into both. I spotted this ring in the first store and really liked it although they didn't have my size. I was debating buying it and squashing my fingers into it although I probably wouldn't have worn it if I'd done that. When I went into the second store, after a quick look I managed to find it again but in my size! I thought a fiver was too good to miss - especially since it was sterling silver (and so hopefully won't turn my fingers green!) and I had been on the hunt for a pretty, comfortable ring for a while. I had been eyeing one up from Pandora although I'd much rather spend £5 than £40!

NEXT Orange Clutch Bag - £5 RRP £12
A clutch bag was a total spur of the moment purchase - I don't own a single clutch bag and I thought I needed one for when I go out and get dressed up. I only have a couple of dresses, and they're all either black or green tartan and I thought this orange colour would go nice with either. I love the fact that this clutch isn't overdone - it only has a small star and I think it adds so much without looking over the top. I'm glad I brought this as I'd otherwise be looking to buy one from Primark, although I'm pretty sure that this will last a while longer!

Soap & Glory 'Think Pamper' - £9 RRP £18
Of course, I had to go to the Boots sale didn't I. Me and my Mum are those people who stand outside the shop waiting for the store to open at 8am to get the best picks. I really wanted to buy Katy Perry's Killer Queen perfume this year although I decided to hold off a year and buy it next year, giving me the opportunity to use up some of my existing perfumes. My only purchase was this Soap & Glory Think Pamper set - it contains 6 minis so I can finally experiment with some S&G bath products without having to use a full size (I'm also trying to use up some of my existing shower gels/bath products so I'm thankful that mini's won't last for too long!).  

Did you pick anything up from the post-christmas sales? What were your picks? :) 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. love everything you picked up. I got the soap and glory set - i love it! It will be fab for travelling x

    gillmclaughlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those VS PJs are lovely! I definitely will be checking out their sale!!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you picked up some nice stuff - Accessorize have some fab things, I grabbed a couple of handbags in there xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! Ohhh yes I love accessorize - I brought my uni bag from there a year ago in the boxing day sale and it's still going strong now! :) xx

      Delete
  4. They're so comfortable too! :D xx

    ReplyDelete