Welcome to my Blog!

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION

By 16:00 , , ,


Believe it or not, the True Match foundation was one of my first L'Oreal purchases - L'Oreal is in that awkward price range where it's too expensive for me to really consider it to be 'drugstore/afforable' although it's far under being a 'high end treat', and as a result, the brand has gone un-noticed for a while. I decided that I would take the plunge in buying the True Match foundation after hearing Vivianna (from Vivianna Does Makeup) talk about it as being one of her top five foundations. And there was a 3 for 2 offer on at boots, so I could not say no.

The True Match foundation applies easily onto the skin - it is quite matte so I always make sure that I use a moisturiser beforehand although it's great for covering up the redness that comes through in my skin during the winter months. It's a very easy foundation to wear on an everyday basis, it looks natural although still has quite a lot of coverage to hide the majority of the imperfections on my face. A great thing about True Match is the range of colours that they have - they have numbers to illustrate the depth of the shade and also different shades for different skin tones: Warm, Cool and Neutral. For reference, I wear the shade N1 - I'm so pleased that they haven't missed out neutral for once!

I really like the lasting power on this foundation - I always have a little bit of a moan about how no products last on my face throughout the day although this is one of the best that I have encountered. It does fade slightly although even by he end of the day I can still tell that I have a little bit of coverage left (and you can actually see foundation on my face cloth when I'm removing it - usually it has gone by that point!). As I have combination skin, I usually find that it stays better in some places than others although it doesn't look awful on my dry patches or the oily patches.

True Match has quick become one of my favourite foundations. £10 is not the most affordable for a drugstore foundation although I would rather repurchase this than spend £5 using a foundation which wasn't as suitable for my skin. The colour range is a huge deciding factor for me and I really like the colour of this - it caters for pale skin without making me look even paler than I already am.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely foundation, not a bad price and there's lots in the bottle!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Rimmel Wake Me Up for months now but I'm starting to feel like it might be a bit too glowy! This sounds lovely and it's not too expensive! x

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't used wake me up for a while - I'm saving it for Summer! :D True Match is my winter foundation haha :) xx

      Delete
  3. This foundation has honestly been one of my favourite products of this year, and my bottle has lasted me so long I don't mind the price :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many shades - take a look! :) It's difficult for me to get one that's spot on in the drugstore! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your favourite? I'm always open to trying more! Definitely don't think it's bad for the price point though! xx

    ReplyDelete