Welcome to my Blog!

MY NEW LOVE, GEL EYELINER

By 10:54 , ,



For all of the years where I've been wearing makeup I've never worn any liner because of how long it takes to apply neatly. I guess it's one of those things - practise makes perfect, but I don't always have much time to practise. That was of course, until I discovered gel eyeliner and a good ol' angled brush.

For me, it just works. I knew it worked from the first time I applied it - I don't know whether it's because I'm used to using angled brushes (I use them on my brows, too) or whether it will work as well for everybody, but for me it's just perfect. It's easy to apply it close to the lash line because the brush hugs the lashes more, and the flick is simple. Just fill the brush with gel and press down to make a line, and then work from there. My issue with liner has always been precision, yet with this it's the cleanest line you could get.

Even drugstore brands work really well - I've got a lot of use out of the Seventeen Back Lash eyeliner and the new Wilkos Angled Brush also works great (I also get a lot of use out of the Nanshy Angled Brush). I know that different products work for different people, but if you're like me and really struggle with liquid liner, why not give it a go?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I do want to give gel liner a go! I have worn liquid for years but am currently having a pencil obsession as it is so easy to put on and smoke out, gel will have to be next on the list! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a gel - let me know how you get on :) x

      Delete
  2. I really struggle with eyeliner too and have a gel eyeliner which is barely used but I must get it out now and give it a go x
    casualyetchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do need to try gel eyeliner. Closest I've gotten on gel eyeliner pencils such as the highliner's from Marc Jacobs - and I think it's time I take the dive into a real pot of the stuff. I've got several MAC 266 brushes, so who knows what's holding me back haha. Have you tried the Bobbi Brown pot? I've heard great things about that!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never tried a gel eyeliner pencil - I must look into that! :D Nor the Bobbi Brown pot actually, sounds like I have a lot of shopping to do! xx

      Delete
  4. Gel liner is my favourite make up product! I use the Bobbi Brown one daily and it was worth shelling out for :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh - sounds like I need to get trying the Bobbi Brown gel liner!! xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh! I wish I could use liquid but it just always seems to go wrong! xx

    ReplyDelete