Welcome to my Blog!

MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

By 10:41

2015 is actually upon us, and truth be told I'm a little bit disappointed - Christmas is over and the decorations are coming down as I speak. Once again my living room looks and feels a little bland without the tree and without any decorations!

Image Source
I know a lot of people don't believe in setting New Years Resolutions, although I do - I find them to be a useful kick up the bum to start doing things! I try to set ones which I can keep to, and I often don't do half as bad as I think I will!

Eat Healthily 
I know this is a 'traditional' new years resolution (which usually isn't stuck to) although I did, once upon a time, eat healthily. I was losing weight and my skin was glowing and I bloomin' loved it - until I started uni. I actually commute to uni, so I don't know why that is an excuse! I've found that the best way to do it is to cut out the bad foods gradually. It becomes easier as time goes on, because cravings stop - there was once a time where I actually didn't want to eat chocolate or crisps!

Wash my makeup brushes weekly
I can't even remember the last time I actually washed my brushes - so I'm hoping to do them every Friday night. Hopefully having a scheduled time will make it easier!

Use up your existing products 
This is a joint one between me and my mum - we are trying to use up the existing bath products that we have sitting around before we buy any more. I have about 3 cleansers on the go, 2 shower gels and also a backlog of about 5 moisturisers to use. It would be wasteful to buy more and have to throw some away when they go off so I'm definitely going to use the products which I already have before investing in some more.

Quality, not quantity
I want to cut down on my Primark hauls and stop buying so much stuff! A lot of it seems to fall apart anyway so I'd like to think in advance about what I'm going to buy and then invest in quality items which will last me for a couple more years.

Stop worrying 
This is my most difficult resolution by far, although I know for a fact that if I continue to let everything get to me then I can't see myself getting through university alive. I actually ruined this for myself on the 2nd Jan (went well.. hmm) and it's more difficult than I thought it would be although I really want to start enjoying things instead of worrying about all of the things that could go wrong.

Have a lovely 2015 everybody - what are your new years resolutions? :D

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great post Chloe and good luck with the resolutions. I'm not really one to make them, I prefer to try and do things anytime throughout the year but it is a good way to start the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I do agree - I try to do that but sometimes I just need that extra kick up the bum! xx

      Delete
  2. Weekly makeup brush washing sounds like a great resolution!!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great resolutions! :) All the very best for 2015!!
    I've just done a post on my New Year's resolutions, which I hope you can check out lovely: http://www.ellistuesday.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-my-goalshopes-for-2015.html

    Ellis - Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your 'Quality, not quantity' resolution. I've started trying to think myself that way. In the after Christmas sales I refrained from buying all sorts of shirts and sweaters on sale that I don't need, and instead purchased some really great investment pieces that will last for years. Good luck with all your 2015 goals, hope you worry less and have a fantastic year!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year lovely! Good luck with your resolutions <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mum and I are trying to use up products too! It'll help saving money in the long run aswell, but we just can't resist a good smelly... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Perfumes are the worst for me at the moment haha, so incredibly tempting but it will be worth it in the end! :D x

      Delete