Welcome to my Blog!

FROM DIRTY TO DESK - ORGANIZING YOUR WORKSPACE

By 15:52


Realistically, previously to this post I hadn't sat at my desk for about a year. It's just one of those things - to start with I didn't need to sit at my desk as I had finished my A Levels, and blogging was easy to do from my bed. To tidy it was a pretty spontaneous decision and a result of a free Wednesday afternoon but it's something I'm very glad I did and I'm pleased with the results. From the photos I don't think it looks like there's that much difference, but for me there is. For one, I have a chair again. I have all of my work tools (laptop/books/paper/pens) in one place and I don't have excess items such as mirrors and earphones on my desk anymore.

Having a desk is great for my productivity - I'm quite lazy by nature but having a desk means I'm constantly sitting up straight and I'm less easily distracted by the TV. I've done more University work in the last week (the 4th March, since I tidied my desk) than I have done overall since January and I'm actually making the effort to sit and write blog posts and schedule them for future. 

My grand plan for my desk worked better than I had anticipated, I was expecting to have to buy an extension lead for my laptop charger although luckily, it can reach my laptop from the wall easily. Another good idea for organizing is to find a free printable planner from Pinterest and use that - I was going to initially although I found once I had tidied that I didn't have much space and I didn't want to make my desk look any more cluttered. When exam season comes around again I may use a printable (or may just make my own) planner although I think I'll be sticking it on my wardrobe right next to my desk instead. 

BEFORE:


Now I finally have a desk I just need to find out how to maintain it and keep it organised - any tips? Do you use a desk to blog? :)



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I just love a good tidy. I need to do mine next as I organized it about a month ago and now it's in shambles. I love your little area and it seems so cosy.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what it looks like afterwards! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I always find having a tidy workspace makes me more productive and likely to do work x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post =] Im in desperate need of a desk, need to save up for one though.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou haha! You won't regret it at all it feels so good to have a good tidy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so easy to let them get out of hand! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new freebies post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    would u like to follow for follow ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it's not just me haha!! I've reverted back to the bed recently (unfortunately) it is so much more comfortable! Xx

    ReplyDelete