Welcome to my Blog!

SAVE OR SPLURGE - MAC PATISSERIE

By 16:15 , , ,


I'm always open to 'dupes' and similar products - The way I see it, makeup is nice although a lot of the time it's impossible to tell the price point of a product once it's on the face. I think lip products are a great place to save, and the Soap and Glory lip crayon in Nudist is one of my all time favourites. 

Mac Patisserie // £15.50 
Patisserie is a lovely 'you're lips but better colour'. It is a lustre finish and the pigment isn't too intense and sort of works with your natural colour to produce an even, natural finish. I find it quite light and still leaves the little creases in my lips visible (which I'm not too sure I like, especially in comparison to the S&G crayon). The lasting power isn't great - a couple of hours at tops. That said, it fades evenly and doesn't look stupid if you forget to re-apply. A great everyday colour for those who want a natural makeup look and something to suit everybody.

Soap and Glory Lip Crayon in Nudist // £8.00
The formula of this crayon is quite a lot thicker than Patisserie. It feels thicker even with a swatch. I've heard others say that they find this product sticky although I don't think it's too bad - I can see where they are coming from although I've tried products which are far stickier than this and I really don't think it's too off putting. The thickness gets rid of the creases in the lips (which I mentioned before) and it definitely looks like you're wearing a gloss. That said, the colour is very natural and I actually prefer it to patisserie as it's a lot more pink (the swatch on the right). The lasting power is slightly better, still not amazing but again, it fades evenly and is a useful product if you want to wear something but decide that you don't want to reapply throughout the day. 

If I'm being honest the main difference between the two products is the finish - Soap and Glory is a lot thicker than Patisserie. I personally like that but I know that some won't like it at all. £7.50 is, however, a pretty decent saving if you're after a new nude colour and up for giving something drugstore a try! 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I've had Patisserie on my wishlist for a while, so im definetly going to check out the Soap & Glory one first!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I like the sound of the S&G one, it's a really nice pink colour - it's good that it fades evenly too (hate it when you've eaten/drank something and you're just left looking like you're wearing lip liner!)

    Zoe xx
    Beauty Pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :D Yeah I agree, un-even fading is the worst! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the look of both of these I can never usually afford mac and would go for the s&g but who knows a girls gotta treat herself sometimes ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dupe, I love S&G products!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour! I need to find a stockist for S&G cosmetics.
    Madeleine, The Daily Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard the Nudist lip crayon is really good in the past, and it looks like a great dupe for Patisserie! Will definitely check it out x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour looks like a great dupe! Going to add it to my dupes board on Pinterest :-) xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is to strive to make them more comfortable to go pro!Kleider für besondere Anlässe

    ReplyDelete