Welcome to my Blog!

A MAC SPLURGE

By 18:00 , , ,


Way back on my 18th birthday I was really fortunate as my Auntie brought me a Mac voucher to book myself in for a makeup lesson in 90 minutes. The makeup lesson costs £50 although this is redeemable in products (similar to the makeovers). Having a one-on-one lesson meant that I was able to apply half of my makeup myself after being shown by the makeup artist how to do it - I absolutely loved my experience and the staff in Selfridges Birmingham were so friendly, I would recommend it to anybody who wanted to give it a go themselves! Even as a beauty blogger I was able to pick up tips and techniques about applying makeup that I did not know before. 

Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation

I actually didn't use this foundation when I had my makeover - I used one of the Mineralize foundations which produced a lovely dewy glow with not too much coverage, although unfortunately come to buy it, it had sold out! I was recommended the Studio Sculpt instead, which is thought to be similar but with a higher coverage. I was dying to get home and try the Studio Sculpt and I was definitely not dissapointed when I used it - my Mum noticed that I was wearing a new foundation and she thinks it looks a lot higher quality than my usual daily foundation, L'Oreal true match. It has a high coverage although it doesn't cake on the skin at all, and the shade NW15 is enough to give me a healthy glow without looking too orange. 

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer

I knew immediately when I was trying this concealer that I wanted to buy it. It is a wonder foundation and I totally see why people love this so much. It works a dream both on my undereyes and blemishes and a little goes a very long way. I have the shade NW20 in the concealer (I have no idea why I have a darker shade than in the foundation - it doesn't seem that much darker at all!). The coverage is very high on this but it seems to be a little less cakey than the likes of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I'm not sure whether it's worth an extra £12, but it definitely is higher quality. 

Mac Lashes

I don't wear eyelashes very often, I admit, but since I've found out how to apply them a bit better I did like the idea of having a 'nice' pair which I could wear for special occasions. I'll be careful to keep these in good condition and I'm not going to apply mascara to them to keep them nice. The thing I probably like most about these is that they have some brown lashes in as well as black so they're a little more natural looking!

If I'm being honest I'm surprised that I walked into mac didn't end up with a lipstick - I was going to pick up Oxblood from the Toledo collection as she applied it during my makeover and it looked wonderful, but unfortunately it had also sold out! I've since been looking online and I still can't find it anywhere - I guess I'll have to live without it!! What are your mac product recommendations?

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. The foundation sounds great! I have only ever tried the Face & Body one from MAC. Those lashes are gorgeous too x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like em! I can't bring myself to wear them now haha. I have never tried Face and Body. I'm accumulating quite a mac list haha xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift! I really like the studio sculpt foundation <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the studio sculpt foundation but worry it will break me out like studio fix did. xo

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I have heard about people getting breakouts from Studio Sculpt but I don't, luckily. Maybe try a sample? :D Xx

      Delete
  4. Studio Sculpt has to be one of my fave foundations of the moment! I love the satin finish it leaves my skin!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely and I really like the sound of that concealer.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would do without the concealer now! Xx

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a really great idea, getting taught about the products and then being able to buy them. The concealer and foundation have such good reviews I'd probably pick them up and maybe a lipstick.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just tried a sample of the foundation and it is really good. I am definitely going to pick it up.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  8. That seemed so amazing! It's a great opportunity! I'd love to try the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous of this lashes, they are gorgeous x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete