Welcome to my Blog!

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

By 08:30 , , ,


Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation* - £34.00 from Blow Ltd

It seems recently that I'm coming to the end of a lot of my foundations. Rimmel Wake Me Up and Bourjois Healthy Mix will both be heading for the bin soon (as soon as I've squeezed out that last little bit of product!) so I decided that I would branch out and try some new bases in opposed to a repurchase. After hearing so many rave reviews about the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, I decided I'd give it a try from Blow Ltd. As I was buying online, I found my shade using the Temptalia Foundation Matrix. For me that's a bit risky although I do think I ended up with the right shade, thank goodness!

The Silk Creme is quite watery upon application although it still, surprisingly gives a decent, medium coverage. It keeps my skin looking dewy and glowy which is exactly what I'm looking for now it's heading into Spring/Summer time. As I have combination skin I tend to put a little bit of powder on when I wear this, although only a little bit as I think I need it on my nose in particular, although I know that the likes of Kate (gh0stparties) loves wearing it without a powder.
The thing I like most about the Silk Creme is that it covers most of my blemishes without looking cakey or dry and still provides the most beautiful natural finish. Now I see why everybody loves it so much!

The thing which I liked most about ordering from Blow Ltd was the quality of the packaging - it arrives in a lovely takeaway style box with loads of tissue inside, it's so luxurious (a definite step up from a Debenhams plastic bag) and the prices of some items are ever so slightly less than in other stores. The Silk Creme for example is £34 instead of £35, I know it's not a huge saving but if you're planning on buying it anyway... it's £1 saved!

What are your favourite foundations? :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'd love to try the Silk Creme foundation, although I think they're changing the formula/packaging around so it's hard to get hold of at the moment! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think they have! I'd really love to try the new formulas too - it's a shame they've discontinued the original! x

      Delete